Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xs11.com

Anyone here also a member of xs11?
    I was given a barn stored 81 xs1100, I think it is a 'Venturer'.
    I had some questions about them, but they have disabled auto-registration becaus eof spammers and I haven't heard back from the webmaster.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Past:73' CL360, 74' CB450, 80' GS550,
    83' CB550SC, 78' CX500, 81' GL1100,
    85' GL1200LTD, 85' Honda Rebel
    84' GS1150, 92' GSX 1100G
    Current:
    80' GS1100E,,
    81 Yamaha XS1100,
    01' Bandit 1200
    sigpic

There is a member here who only turns up on rare occasions and goes by the handle "Conrail", I believe. He rides an XS1100 (original owner). He's recovering from a knee replacement this summer. He's a regular over on Classic UJM as "Amtrak". He's the only XS1100 owner I'm aware of on the GSR.

Have a look at Classic UJM. It's a small, nutty group willing to talk about any bike. Amtrak will see a post over there, and I'm sure he'll try to help you out. Hopefully the admin there will have a chance to let you on. About half of that forum is on a trip to the Ozarks, but I think he's already there on a work assignment.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

In Titusville Florida I stopped for gas and this beautiful Yamaha XS-11 Special pulled up. Guy showed no interest in my bike and went in a bought a soda. I went over to him and asked about his bike. He said it was one of three he had and it was for sale and it was the one in the worst condition. As I looked over the bike it was pretty much flawless, the only thing I saw that could've used some attention was the front calipers could've used some touching up.
      I think there might be a club there as I have seen a couple on the road in Titusville, who knows they all might have been his.
      Anyway, I did take a pic of his bike.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus666 View Post
        I had some questions about them, but they have disabled auto-registration becaus eof spammers and I haven't heard back from the webmaster.
        I've been a member there longer than here, I currently have an 81 xs1100H Venturer

Comment

Since we're on the subject--(not mine)

sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
          '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
          '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
          '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
          '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
          '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
          '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
          '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
          '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
          '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Great bike, pulls like a locomotive, great motor, weak second gear on some bikes, frame is a little weak for all that power. All weaknesses are known and most are not too serious. I had a 79 Venturer and I wish I had it back, hope to add another xs11 to my stable sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus666 View Post
              Yes, I am a member over there. How long you been waiting? They'll get to you

Comment

Originally posted by WShie View Post
                Great bike, pulls like a locomotive, great motor, weak second gear on some bikes, frame is a little weak for all that power. All weaknesses are known and most are not too serious. I had a 79 Venturer and I wish I had it back, hope to add another xs11 to my stable sometime soon.
                mine will be for sale soon, just south of you in Medina area

Comment

I sent a message to the webmaster while logged in, hope this helps. I'll post back here if I get a reply. I'll also put a post up in one of their forum sections so it can be seen.

Comment

Problem solved, I heard back fro the XS11 admin. Here's his email that was sent:

Subject: RE: XS11.com Forums Contact Us Form - Registration Problem

Hey there,

We tried to put the info about HOW to get registered in a few conspicuous places, like the RED TEXT on the main home page..it tells folks to look at the ANNOUNCEMENT at the top of every Forum where threads and posts can be read, it has a newer message about our site needing to upgrade it's service, but in with it is also the info they need on what to do.

They just need to use the Contact US email link like you have and provide their preferred USERNAME and Temp Pswd, along with the year/model/style of their bike...special or standard, and then we'll get their account created, usually in just 1 day.

It's just that folks either don't check out the main home page because they land on our site via a search, and are often in the FORUMS...and/or they are using small screened smart phones so they don't see the full screen and the ANNOUNCEMENT!?

Will be looking for his email.

T.C./ADMIN

Contact us link

Comment

Working...
                    X