With Only A Motorcycle: San Francisco Ride Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my first trip into SF on the motorcycle this weekend; you can read about it by following the link below the picture.

A lot of memories there, mostly happy ones, even Vacaville was a place that loomed large in my time in the Bay Area
    sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
    '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
    '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
    '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
    '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
    '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
    '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
    '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
    '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
    '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

That was a pretty good ride into SF. Always bring warm when riding into SF. I've ridden in from the Hayward area in the east bay, when it was close to 100 and froze riding around Golden Gate park. I don't think the freeways are very smooth and there is quite a bit of cross wind in the areas you were riding. I'd would have been tired also. You should try riding from SF to where I live, near the Oregon border in a day. The last 100 miles take all the pain that the first 200 gave you away.

Go up to Mt Tamapalias, Point Reyes, Mt. Diablo and explore all the canyons in the north and east bay areas. Have fun and watch out for those crazy drivers. Welcome to the Golden State!Cheers.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

My last address in Ca was in Castro Valley, slightly eastern 'suburb' of Hayward, and I well remember being in the 'downtown' area of CV on a really hot day, suddenly sensing a shift in the atmosphere, and driving to a higher spot with a view towards the other side of the Bay, and sure enough, you could see the low clouds, really fog, rolling over Mountain View and environs, and within an hour or so, temps in CV dropped 10-15 degrees. What a special place.
        sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
        '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
        '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
        '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
        '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
        '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
        '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
        '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
        '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
        '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Great pics and the weather was beautiful this weekend, it was windy though!

Comment

Working...
          X