TT 2013 Pratice is underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT 2013 Pratice is underway

Its that time of the year again!! the awesome TT. Really looking forward to see if John M Guinness the TT legend can add some more silverware to his mantelpiece. Unfortunately there has been some sad news Tyco Suzuki's new signing for the TT Japanese rider Yoshinari Matsu****a succumbed to injuries sustained at Ballacrye, RIP brave warrior.

I was so chaffed that there isn't a way for North Americans to watch this event live. I mean... no sattelite, or Pay per View... nothing. That's so messed up! Enjoy it GS79... we'll have to see the month old results on YouTube.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Velocity Channel every night at 10PM starting Sunday 2nd June.
      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Ok... now we're getting somewhere! Thank you!

Comment

Damn.. U.S. only

And not quite live either, but I could live with that quite easily. Ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetsmasher View Post
            Damn.. U.S. only

And not quite live either, but I could live with that quite easily. Ah well.
            DOH!
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I listened to the Superbike race this morning on the Manx Radio AM. It is the absoulute pits we don't have some kind of coverage here. I swear when I was a kid in the 60"s I saw a TT race on Wide World of Sports.

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                I listened to the Superbike race this morning on the Manx Radio AM. It is the absoulute pits we don't have some kind of coverage here. I swear when I was a kid in the 60"s I saw a TT race on Wide World of Sports.

cg
                That was back when we only had the three channels and could see all manner of sports because the networks cared a little. Once cable came along everyone else said forget it.

Course, I was able to watch MotoGP for the first time this afternoon as it was on Speed (didn't have time this morning).
                sigpic
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Dudes, see this post

Colin put up a link ttlive, sign up and get Manx radio over the interweb clear as day!

Also, 10PM Velocity Channel - the days highlights in a 1 hour show.
                  Edit....OK it's not the days highlights, it's the day before....
                  Last edited by allojohn; 06-03-2013, 06:59 AM.
                  -Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

oops

Sorry guys,I should have had that online radio link up days ago,I texted Charlie G the link-all is not lost,if you go on to the radio link you will hear the superstockTT,this class is for road machines that you can buy in showrooms with just lights removed,exhaust can,brakes and fork internals changed/uprated-these guys and girls race on the same tyres as you and I can walk in anywhere and buy.I've said it before:-these guys and girls are special and deserve the ultimate respect.Johnny

Comment

Yer Maun

Shout out to Yer Maun's nephew Michael Dunlop's first Superbike win at the TT! Congratulations Michael! Well done

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
                        Shout out to Yer Maun's nephew Michael Dunlop's first Superbike win at the TT! Congratulations Michael! Well done
                        Way to go young Mr. Dunlop!

Honda goes 1-2-3.

Good thing Honda isn't in drag racing.

Comment

Mickey D

HMMMMM,should I spoil the results from yesterday for everyone??????,let me know,eh?.Don't forget William and Michaels dad Robert won 5 TT's and it would have been many more but for the rear wheel collapsing on his Honda RC45 as he accelerated away from the Bellaugh jump in 1994,he hit a stone wall at over 120mph sustaining multiple injuries:- he lost half the muscle in his forearm,had to have tendons moved from his leg and put into the other arm,collapsed both lungs,burst his spleen,severley bruised his liver and kidneys,broke his pelvis and both legs,broke his collar bone and snapped his shoulder blade,he raced again 18 months later on a 125cc which was the only bike he could easily and safley control and won and continued to win at national and international level until his untimley death several hours after crashing his 250cc Honda on the thursday night practice session for the 2008 North West 200(his first time racing something larger than a 125) where he still holds the record number of race wins-15.Michael won the 250 race on the Saturday which was the most emotion filled day I have ever seen in nearly 40 years of watching this great sport.I was there and I don't think that there was'nt anyone(including me) who didn't have tears running down their faces as we watched Michael come over the last 2 miles of that last lap in the lead and cross the line.Sorry to ramble on but sometimes wee "Micro" doesn't get the credit he deserves and it's good to see Michael has the tenacity of his dad and the talent of his uncle.let me know if you want the results of the 600cc Supersport and 1000cc Superstock.Johnny

Comment

Oh sure.. why not! We'll stumble across it on the cover of some magazine in short order anyways.. go ahead!

Comment

Ok Masher,(you know what I've ALWAYS wanted to say that hehehe).Right:-
                              Supersport 600 TT:- Winner, Michael Dunlop.2nd Bruce Anstey.3rd William Dunlop.
                              Fastest Lap:-Michael Dunlop 127.6mph average

Superstock 1000 TT:- Winner, Michael Dunlop.2nd Gary Johnston.3rd John McGuinness.
                              Fastest lap:-Michael Dunlop 131.22mph average,this is a new lap record for this class and only 3 seconds slower than John McGuinness's lap record for the full blown superbike which works out at 131.62mph.

Supersport 600 race 2,TT zero and Sidecar 2 are tomorrow(wednesday) and the new Lightweight TT for 600/650 twins and the Senoir are on Friday,Michael is out in the Supersport,Lightweight& SeniorTT's,this ladies and gents is going to be a VERY interesting next few days!!!.Johnny

Comment

Working...
                              X