I have "Other" bikes now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have "Other" bikes now!

After getting the new bike bug pretty hard over the winter, and thinking a whole lot about what to do about it, everything just sort of fell into place. A good friend of mine decided to thin his stable out a bit, and asked me if I wanted any of them.

I've been wanting to get something lighter and a bit sportier than my 850G with the idea of having a bike that I can flog on the street and take to the track too.

After some thinking and encouragement (from my awesome and motorcycle supportive girlfriend ) I decided to go for it.

I bought not one, but TWO bikes! Both are '92 Kawasaki ZX600s. Both in immaculate shape, and with low miles. One is titled and will be my street machine. The other is title-less and already track prepped!

I'm stoked to have a lightweight (420 lbs wet ) sport bike to have fun with.

This is the titled machine in my friends garage before I picked it up.

Ohh and the real kicker... BOTH bikes for $1700. And the cost to insure the street Ninja???

$79 a YEAR!!!

Before anyone asks there are no plans to sell my GS. I still need a bike to take cross country after all .

Nice bike , and what a deal you got, you got a good friend to give you that deal, WELL DONE,Brian

Comment

Nice!
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

That's cool...
        Track days are a blast...you'll have a ball...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Sweet deal!

Comment

Good deal Tim but... that's not a Katana!
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Those are great bikes Tim. Actually quite comfortable for a sport bike and I like the smaller half liter bikes. It's so much fun to wring 'em out. And in my book, light is right!
              1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
              1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
              2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Yeah Pete I know it's not a katana but it sure is a fun bike! I took it out for a 120 mile "get to know you" ride and the verdict is it's a sweet and smooth bike. Handles awesome in the twisty stuff too. Light it right!

In a way it is a bit katana-esque with the seat and tank shapes. The fact it is in immaculate condition doesn't hurt either! I'm very happy with my new bike.

Comment

An "action shot" of my new bike.

Comment

Glad to see you're enjoying it Tim
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hey, congrats on the new bikes.

Comment

Working...
                      X