first laps of the new Suzuki Moto GP bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first laps of the new Suzuki Moto GP bike

The Japanese manufacturer confirmed its comeback to the premier class in 2015 and their test team featuring Randy de Puniet joined the rest of the MotoGP™ fi...

the all new XRH1ETV02-01 hits the track ridden by Randy DePuniet.
    shame we wont see it in action until 2015
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Great to see them back in GP.
    What is the saying...win on Sunday, buy on Monday.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Love to see Suzuki in the major leagues again. Now to do something about that name... far too many characters.

Comment

I just don't get it

They develop the bike. They finally test it and it's only .8 sec off the leaders pace

And, then they decide to delay one year?

It's already more competitive than the Ducatis and if the get Cal Crutchlow on it instead of RdP, they'd be right in the hunt for a podium
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
          I just don't get it

They develop the bike. They finally test it and it's only .8 sec off the leaders pace

And, then they decide to delay one year?

It's already more competitive than the Ducatis and if the get Cal Crutchlow on it instead of RdP, they'd be right in the hunt for a podium
          quote from Suzuki Moto GP team........

"Suzuki is returning in 2015 instead of 2014 is because of the new controlled ECU which allows the manufacturer to write their own software. So, Suzuki do not want to take any chances."

i guess they want the proper electronics before they put the final engine design into production
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Yes!!!
            '80 GS1000ST
            '92 ZX-11
            Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
              Love to see Suzuki in the major leagues again. Now to do something about that name... far too many characters.
              its called the XRH1 for short. didn't all Suzuki racers begin with XR?
              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                its called the XRH1 for short. didn't all Suzuki racers begin with XR?
                It was a bit of tongue and cheek, albeit not very clever. The new bike does look good, and as far as the delaying I think it's as much political as anything else. I read on mcn (the UK sites have much better GP coverage) that for Suzuki to race in 2014 they would have to lease each spot race by race and supply their own tires, a bit of a scrap deal considering none of the other factories have those stipulations.

As for the bike being competitive it is unsure the state of tune and exact specifications of the bike. Suzuki might have bent some rules to make sure the first public show of the new bike makes it look good.

That vivid blue sure looks good though!

Comment

yep, you are right it does look beautiful.
                  yes they probably built a one off engine just for the opening few laps to scare the opposition but i bet the official testing engines are well down on the real power they will eventually produce. they need to make sure the bike handles well before they go silly.
                  plus, as "they" said, they cant build a full race spec motor until they have details of the electronics that will control it.
                  also the way things are going the rules will probably change again by 2015 so they cant throw all their money into an engine that may only be legal for one season.
                  there will be a lot of testing next year and a few wild card races i expect
                  1978 GS1085.

Comment

I saw a news report that Suzuki delayed their entry due to the 20 liter fuel tank limit (or is it 19 liters) anyway their current engine does not get good enough milage to complete a GP.
                    They need extra time to work on engine management and fuel economy and still maintain or improve the power delivery.
                    2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
                    2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
                    1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
                    2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
                    1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
                    1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
                    1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
                    Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
                      I saw a news report that Suzuki delayed their entry due to the 20 liter fuel tank limit (or is it 19 liters) anyway their current engine does not get good enough milage to complete a GP.
                      They need extra time to work on engine management and fuel economy and still maintain or improve the power delivery.
                      that would tie in with waiting for the new programmable ECU.
                      1978 GS1085.

Comment

Reliability is also a factor - remember that was the reason they were outsted in the first place. They kept blowing engines and were allowed more than the then current ruling so they could stay in the game.

- boingk

Comment

Working...
                        X