Sidecar Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sidecar Race

Here's footage from my race at Loudon this past weekend.

I had the only vintage hack. The rest of the guys had F1s (liter bikes) or F2s (600cc). My GS750 did fairly well considering.

Very cool

Keep the videos coming.

I'll be interested to see how the engine holds up to that kind of beating.

Good Job

Comment

Originally posted by subid View Post
      Very cool

Keep the videos coming.

I'll be interested to see how the engine holds up to that kind of beating.

Good Job
      thanks and will do. I'll feel more comfortable when I get the top-end oiler installed.

btw, here's more footage from the guy who won that race. He follows me out, goes around me in turn 3 on the sighting lap and then laps me around the 10 min mark.

Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Very cool, Let us know when you race. I would like to meet up with you guys. Mid-Ohio is not far from me if you make it this way.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I'll miss Mid-O this year due to another race closer. next race is Summit Point, WV -- June 29/30

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider
            I never thought I would write (Say) this but....

I want to be a monkey.
            where do you live? Passengers are always in demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider
              Hi Kyler.

Too far to be a regular monkey.

Close enough to come and be "The monkey on your back" for a weekend, random 3 days.

I am 10 hours away in Montreal.

Have leather will travel.

I need to loose 10 pounds to fit in my leather pants again (And be able to move around), I need to keep the weight to be effective

I guess I need to bite the bullet and get pants.

Daniel
              Shannonville has a lot of sidecar races. In fact, I race mostly with Canadians. check out http://sidecarracers.com most of the racers are not far from you. The #1 bike driver lives in Ottawa.

Comment

Congrats, Ken.
                That was great to watch. With the camera so low it really shows the elevation changes and the tightening of the corners.
                Obviously being in synch with your rider is paramount but do you sense that he is in the proper position for you to gas it or do you ride your race and hope/expect him to adapt?
                I got to see sidecars with the VRRA last year at Mosport. It was a great show.
                They do have a "Try The Track" with the sidecars, money raised for charity.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Congrats, Ken.
                  That was great to watch. With the camera so low it really shows the elevation changes and the tightening of the corners.
                  Obviously being in synch with your rider is paramount but do you sense that he is in the proper position for you to gas it or do you ride your race and hope/expect him to adapt?
                  I got to see sidecars with the VRRA last year at Mosport. It was a great show.
                  They do have a "Try The Track" with the sidecars, money raised for charity.
                  I hear Mosport is a great track and I am a VRRA member so someday I'll get up there to race it.

As far as passengers go, Phil (my primary passenger) and I have messed around on sidecars together for a long time. We ran the last MX hack up Pike's Peak in 2011. I have absolute faith in him and just race - I know he'll be in the right spot at the right time.

My standby passenger who is racing with me at Summit, after a few practice sessions if he's mostly in position I'll just race and pray. If not, I'll ratchet the speeds down.

You only know if they are in the wrong position afterwards

Comment

Summit point West Virginia, 258 miles for me. Thats very doable. I'm going to try to make it...
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                    X