0% financing for 5 years on new Suzukis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0% financing for 5 years on new Suzukis

Who hasn't been tempted to at least look..........?
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

If they somehow put the 1980 GS850G back into production, I'd sign up. This time, I want the black with gold pinstripe.
    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
      If they somehow put the 1980 GS850G back into production, I'd sign up. This time, I want the black with gold pinstripe.
      I think that would be the '81 color scheme.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Not a single street bike that I would consider, however the DRZ 400 might be tempting..

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I think that would be the '81 color scheme.

No, it would be the 2013 paint scheme. Geez....

I wouldn't say never; I've only had one brand new bike in my entire life, and that was in 1979. I've never ridden an SV, so I really don't have an informed opinion about them, and there's bound to be a Bandit or two sneaking around on a showroom somewhere hiding from me...
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I have followed a V Strom 650 all over Arkansas and Tennessee, the new "Strom" Adventure is interesting................
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

0% financing is tempting. I like the BKing. Too late for that. The new Strom is nice.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

The only Suzuki in their current lineup that really appeals to me is the Bandit. Since my wife has resumed riding with me, the passenger accommodations are a non starter.
                JP
                1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
                1992 Concours
                2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
                2007 FJR

Comment

Even with 0% financing, making payments on a toy is so unappealing...
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Agreed. I like the 1250, but my 10 year old Fz1 does everything it can and I own it.

Comment

Have not even bothered to look at the current line-up.

Already have too many motorcycles (with not enough room to put them) and two car payments, why would I voluntarily go for another?

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Even with 0% financing, making payments on a toy is so unappealing...
                        Bob, this is how most of America lives and thrives, easy monthly payments. 0% in lieu of some sort of cash back for 5 years brings the monthly moths to the flame.

You wouldn't believe the sob stories I've had to listen to about the shortage of cash of Americans. I'd say my Bonnie is new enough, I'll meet you at your credit union, you can hand the title over as bond and I'll take the payout and be on my way and you on yours.

People told me they'd rather go spend 9K out the door and make the low interest payments for more years than buying a used bike, below KBB, a Gnote over trade in, and paying it off in two years or less.

Comment

I was talking with a sales person at an OEM dealer today - they carry all 4 Japanese brands. New unit sales are still very soft. Honda is selling decent, but Suzuki models are just not selling. On top of the fact they still have 2011 & 2012 Suzuki models in the showroom (and nothing very much new to offer) he thinks much is down to the perception Suzuki may not be in business in 2-3 years time. He also said there will be another round of Suzuki dealer closings.

Comment

Originally posted by 82Shafty View Post
                            Bob, this is how most of America lives and thrives, easy monthly payments. 0% in lieu of some sort of cash back for 5 years brings the monthly moths to the flame.

You wouldn't believe the sob stories I've had to listen to about the shortage of cash of Americans. I'd say my Bonnie is new enough, I'll meet you at your credit union, you can hand the title over as bond and I'll take the payout and be on my way and you on yours.

People told me they'd rather go spend 9K out the door and make the low interest payments for more years than buying a used bike, below KBB, a Gnote over trade in, and paying it off in two years or less.
                            I'm not sure I'd call that thriving. Once you get rid of the payments, you really don't want another.
                            Dogma
                            --
                            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                            '80 GS850 GLT
                            '80 GS1000 GT
                            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                              I'm not sure I'd call that thriving. Once you get rid of the payments, you really don't want another.
                              Ain't that the truth.

When we upgraded our CTS to the Taurus last summer, we put down $14K in cash and trade in, but still borrowed $6K at under 2% for 3 years....
                              We hadn't had a car payment in many years and even though it was only about $225 a month, it sucked...
                              So we hunkered down and paid it off in 8 months....

I love driving a payed off car...
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                              X