2002 zzr1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 zzr1200

Anyone have any experience with this bike. Going to look at it this weekend. 40k miles on it. Senior owned.

Originally posted by OLDENUFF View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this bike. Going to look at it this weekend. 40k miles on it. Senior owned.
    Skip on here, has been riding one the past 7 or 8 years. I think he has put a little over 60k miles on his. I've ridden one a bit and it's a great handling bike. The riding position is between upright and a crotch rocket, and I thought comfortable. It's a carbureted bike, not FI. It is significantly quicker than a GS1150E though. heh
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I think they are rated at 135 rear wheel horsepower, significantly more than the 1150.

Comment

Originally posted by OLDENUFF View Post
        I think they are rated at 135 rear wheel horsepower, significantly more than the 1150.
        I thought they were closer to 145 hp, but never really checked stats.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

DMPLATT is another member with one. Also a 2002 if i remember right.
          I know he is happy with his.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Bolderbiker is also an owner of one. Haven't seen him on for a while though.
            "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
            GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
            1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
            1979 GS1000SN The new hope
            1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

A very close friend of mine has had an '02 for about 9 years. He still has it and it has 60K+ on it. I've spent a lot of time on it and judged that it is a great sport tourer....with the emphasis leaning towards sport. It has the needed heft and does have the inline four buzz at certain rpms..... but it isn't annoying. It's just letting you know that it can claw at the pavement and get you into trouble very quickly.

A good bike.

Comment

Thanks to all. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X