look what followed me home...REeeeeeek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look what followed me home...REeeeeeek!

local find, 11,000 miles. been sittin' for decades. on the fence what to do with it. may just list on ebay in "as found" condition.

Originally posted by wes cooley View Post
    local find, 11,000 miles. been sittin' for decades. on the fence what to do with it. may just list on ebay in "as found" condition.
    Wes, you always have a knack for finding the "cool" stuff.
    But now you're faced with the decision as to what to do with it, I think you'll figure it out though.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

was a little bummed driving over to meet the seller. windjammer= no factory headlight or headlight ears and the 75 ears are unique. i had asked the owner if he had any extra parts and said he did not. surprise! the original color matched headlight bucket and chrome ears are still attached behind the fairing.

Comment

Very cool. I'd say fix it up, but that's just because I want to see the project thread.

I saw one on the local CL recently, non-running for under $1k. Toyed with the idea of picking it up just to see if I could get it going but then got busy with something else.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

From the stuff I've read eil that was a good thing.

Comment

couldn't help myself, windjammer's make me cringe, always damage the paint on the tank from their half-ass mounting system. this one was really rigged must of takin' off ten hose clamps. big sissy bar's too. wiped off a little bit of the dust. ape hangers are next to go.
            if anyone wants the giant sissy bar/luggage rack/top box you can have it free, gratis, zero. think it will fit some gs platforms, i've taken enough of those off and binned 'em.
            only catch you gotta come get it.
            Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

You think the fairing and paint were a problem...wait till you get into those carbs. If I remember right there are 6 or 7 jets in there and they are a bastard to tune and get right.

And you had better look into a spark plug adapter because those are special and specific to that bike. Damned cool to hear them run though. It cant make up its mind if its a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke as far as sound goes.

Last edited by chuck hahn; 07-08-2013, 08:41 PM.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Hi wes what state are you in thanks
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by GSEScraze View Post
                  Hi wes what state are you in thanks
                  Tom
                  missouri 63368

Comment

Thanks wes you are to far from me I would of loved to see the RE5 up close I have had a thing for them from the first time I seen one. There is a Friday night bike show near me and one comes in from time to time I just love seeing it there and knowing it's still on the road
                    Tom

Comment

Hey Wes, if you decide to try and get it running, I would be more than willing to lend a hand as I'm pretty close. Besides, I've never seen one up close or heard one run. Would be cool to hear it...
                      1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                      1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                      2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

I got curious after reading this and went on over to YouTube. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqIboqfIE-Q

Comment

OMG, now i have seen everything. pardon me as i am young to alot of you old timers but i never knew that there was factory Rotary bike. this is very cool, but i can see that anyone who owns one getting some horrible gas mileage. Please if you do decide to make a project out of this keep us posted. and if you have any questions on Rotary in general let me know. I have rebuilt many Mazda series Rotary engines.

Additionally if you have a great fabrication shop near you.. try and get a intake build for that motor and place a small weber carb on that sucker and i bet you would get some great performance out of that motor. good ol Wankel..

If you do make a project, please take note of the coolant systems. Rotary motors are notorious for cooling problems and blowing those apex seals.

-Eric Smithers

Comment

Originally posted by esmithers View Post
                            OMG, now i have seen everything. pardon me as i am young to alot of you old timers but i never knew that there was factory Rotary bike. this is very cool, but i can see that anyone who owns one getting some horrible gas mileage. Please if you do decide to make a project out of this keep us posted. and if you have any questions on Rotary in general let me know. I have rebuilt many Mazda series Rotary engines.

Additionally if you have a great fabrication shop near you.. try and get a intake build for that motor and place a small weber carb on that sucker and i bet you would get some great performance out of that motor. good ol Wankel..

If you do make a project, please take note of the coolant systems. Rotary motors are notorious for cooling problems and blowing those apex seals.

-Eric Smithers
                            Norton built one as well

Comment

I learn something new everyday..

Comment

Working...
                              X