How hard to restore this kz750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard to restore this kz750

Could you link the ad,not just the pics?

Comment

Looks doable. KZ750 is way lighter than a GS750, more like a 650 (which it was born from). Nice bikes. I want the earlier model with the rounded tank.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Doesn't look like it needs that much restoration really.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Damn its got no papers. Explains the 300 buck price.
          Now Sooke if you open the link you should be able to click on the back to ad button.

Comment

Another one in Quebec with pipes and carbs attached but needs paint and decallage.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
              Damn its got no papers. Explains the 300 buck price.
              Now Sooke if you open the link you should be able to click on the back to ad button.
              I try that,nothing happens.

Comment

must cache something if you drill down to the pic.

Comment

How bad is "repapering" in NS?Can be done in BC but it's a bit slow.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                    How bad is "repapering" in NS?Can be done in BC but it's a bit slow.
                    I suspect in some no paper cases the bikes to be actually stolen.
                    They are sharp looking this type of bike.

Comment

So look what I found on the wrong side of the country:

Comment

Not interested in the earlier models, with the rounded tank, they had 2 cyl. engines, & I don't remember anything too impressive about them, at all.
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                          Not interested in the earlier models, with the rounded tank, they had 2 cyl. engines, & I don't remember anything too impressive about them, at all.
                          Actually, the 80-81 KZ750 E1, E2 were 4-cyl, with nicely shaped tanks, you're speaking of the 76-80 'B' (or the one-year 'G' model)series.
                          sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
                          '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
                          '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
                          '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
                          '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
                          '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
                          '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
                          '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
                          '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
                          '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                            I suspect in some no paper cases the bikes to be actually stolen.
                            They are sharp looking this type of bike.
                            I had one, a 1983. It was termed an "L3" model. It had the big splashy "750" logo on the tail section. I bought it new in 1985 and put a ton of miles on it for the two years or so I owned it. It had good power and handled well. Great seat, good for long days. Nothing ever went wrong on it. I traded it because I had too much money in those days. Like most of the other dozen bikes I've owned I wish I'd kept it......

Comment

Working...
                            X