vmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vmax

Bought me a new toy.Picking it up this weekend. Will post more pics when I get it home.

Very nice bike indeed , i owned a 85 i think it was my 5th bike that summer, lol, it got me in some trouble that bike did, brian

Comment

Sweet! You will be very happy with it, I've restored about 10 in the last 5 years!!!!
      Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

I can hardly wait. It's an 07 model with 4600 miles. The owner is 61 as I am. He wants a dual purpose bike instead.

Comment

I will own a Vmax one day... But the newest generation with the 1700cc motor

Great looking bike! I sometimes with my Gen 1 FZ1 was 1200 Vmax just like yours...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I just picked one up myself off of Ebay. Its a super clean 1990 model with only 15000 miles. I love it so far and I know you will love yours too! Here's a pic of mine.

Comment

Always liked ol' Max!
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Nice lookin bike. Did you already put 3k miles on it?!

Comment

Put 300 on it, not 3000. Also took the backrest/luggage rack off and put the stock grab rail back on.

Last edited by Guest; 07-29-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Awesome looking bike man! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crage View Post
                      Nice lookin bike. Did you already put 3k miles on it?!
                      The odometer is in kilometers. 7600k is approx. 4600 miles. Still runnung the original tires.

Comment

oooooooohhhhhh. Did not realize your odometer was reading kilometers.

Comment

Lost two friends to V-Max's in '85-'86, Incredible motor. I always wondered why they never stuck it in like an FJ chassis or something. It's too late now, but back then I imagine a bike like that woulda squashed a lot of the competition. Too big? Too heavy? I dunno.

Comment

It's funny, I actually hated they way they looked when they first came out, but I have seen so many cool modded ones that I now think they are cool.
                            There is a Max club in Allentown and I have ridden with them a couple of times.

1979 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                            X