New project, XS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New project, XS400

I couldn't sleep the other night so I was bumming arounc CL and found a post for a Yamaha XS400 for $200. I decided to contact the guy and check it out.

After taking a look I decided it would make a fun little project bike and bought it. he threw in a small trailer too since he was moving soon and trying to get rid of as much as he could. It needs the basic stuff, but looks to be a decent starting point to take off from. The tank is clean aside from the varnish of old gas. No rust at all.

I can't wait to dig in and see what is really going on, but I am thinking I scored a pretty decent project for a decent price.

There are some guys that make so real sweet cafe bikes out of those. $200 and a trailer? stolen is more like it than a deal. Well done.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thanks azr. Glad to hear someone else thinks I got my monies worth too. Worse comes to worst, parting it out should yield a profit. I'd rather not do that though. Bikes are meant to be ridden, and this one I imagine has plenty of life in it once she gets the usual stuff taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Thanks azr. Glad to hear someone else thinks I got my monies worth too. Worse comes to worst, parting it out should yield a profit. I'd rather not do that though. Bikes are meant to be ridden, and this one I imagine has plenty of life in it once she gets the usual stuff taken care of.
        I bought an 81' earlier this year and due to title trouble I parted it out. Had a guy drive 10 hours to get the engine which was in running condition. I liked the bike and have owned a couple of the XS series before, the 650 and 1100, but this 400 did not have near the hump of my sons kz400 which surprised me and also it had a small feel to it. If you like it ride the daylights out of it, if not pass it on. Good luck!

Comment

$200 is a great deal. Love the wheels on it. Would make a killer little cafe' bike.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
          X