Goodbye K11RS, hello R11S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye K11RS, hello R11S

So....after losing two BMW K1100RSes, here and here....I decided to take a different tack....

Introducing my new-to-me, 1999 R1100S...

Came with BMW hard bags and mounts, heated grips, after market belly pan and lowered foot pegs.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Nice thats a cool looking, funky in a good way ride. May you get many good and safe miles on it. Enjoy
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Nice looking bike.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

You're going to like the heck out of it. The classic pulse of a boxer is like nothing else. I swapped my RT with a friend's S for a while and really enjoyed it.

Nice acquisition.

Comment

Wow, gorgeous bike. When's the first good ride?
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Beautiful motorcycle, and its not red. I love my R1100RS and I'm sure you will to.
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              When's the first good ride?
              DMV doesn't open until Tuesday....Maybe to work on Wednesday?

Comment

Nice choice.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Beautiful looking machine - I'm jealous...
                  '85 GS550L - SOLD
                  '85 GS550E - SOLD
                  '82 GS650GL - SOLD
                  '81 GS750L - SOLD
                  '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
                  '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
                  '82 GS1100G - SOLD
                  '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
                    Beautiful looking machine - I'm jealous...
                    Agree! Awesome machine.

Rear seat doesn't look overly comfy. Is this a solo machine? Wouldn't blame your wife if she doesn't want to ride anymore but just asking.

BTW, there was an 1100RT on ebay set to end today, but the seller ended the auction early for some reason. Bike was right here in town and was tracking toward a reasonably low price (never know with auctions though of course). Kind of bummed but oh well.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

What kind of price?

I need to sell mine.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                        Agree! Awesome machine.

Rear seat doesn't look overly comfy. Is this a solo machine? Wouldn't blame your wife if she doesn't want to ride anymore but just asking.
                        Actually, from what I read it's not too bad. Especially if I replace the stock seat.
                        Obviously not as comfy as an RS or RT, but much more comfy than most sport bikes.

Wife doesn't know if, or when, she will want to ride again...so I got this.
                        With the hard bags I can make some weekend trips, and still enjoy the ride.
                        If she decides she wants to try two up again, we can use this, or we have the 1100E.
                        And if she decides to ride with me again full time, than I will buy something else.

I made it clear to her that whether or not she rides, and how much she rides, is completely up to her.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          What kind of price?

I need to sell mine.
                          Prices are all over the map...
                          I was talking to a guy in Tennessee with a very nice, 2000 with 8K miles for $5700....

And another 2002 with 60K miles in northern Wisconsin for $4100

My '99 showed up on CL yesterday, about 30 minutes away. Asking $3950 without the hard bags and mounts, got it for $4100 with the hard bags and mounts.
                          43K miles

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            I need to sell mine.
                            You have an "S" model?

Any recommendations?

Comment

A Rhinewest chip is the ticket. I had an R1150GS that had one and a Remus exhaust. The performance gain is supposed to be very noticeable. Fuel economy goes down, though....about 4-5 mpg. The PO had the work done, so I didn't get to experience the difference. All I know is that the thing ran circles around the 1150RT and my friend's 1200GS.

A Throttlemeister would be a nice addition if going on superslab runs.

Comment

Working...
                              X