Bandit forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandit forums?

Just bought a 2002 Bandit 1200S. I've wanted one for a few years now and finally spotted a deal I couldn't pass up. It means peanut butter sandwiches for lunch until the next pay day, but still, I'm really happy with it.

Looks nice with no dings or scratches and has just under 24K miles on it.

The guy I bought it from says he put on less than 1800 miles on it. I don't know about that. I do know that the chain was waaaay out of spec and needed significant adjustment and the oil looked like mud when I changed it.

I'm still going through it but, for the most part, looks like all I'll need to do in the near term is install some new brake pads and a set of tires.

She runs great!

OK - so, after that long preamble - I saw a number of forums dedicated to Bandits and am just wondering if anyone here knows which is the best of them for info on mechanics and such. I'd like to keep doing my own maintenance.

And here's a photo of my new ride -

I've been a member over at maximum-suzuki.com since I sold my first GS and drifted away from here. It's a good crew for the most part and there are some real tech geniuses around. Kinda like here. You have to register to see the forums and you'll want to read the rules carefully, they like to swing the ban hammer if somebody gets too far out of line.

Edit: Nice bandit. I've regretted selling my 99 B12 since the day it left. They're one of the best deals in used bikes, period. Cheap to buy, cheap to insure, reliable as a rock and will make you giggle like a schoolgirl every time you twist the loud handle.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-29-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

There was a forum called 'Bandit Alley' that was fairly active, with a few gurus. Good folks, no snobbery. Lots & lots of parts. Google it. It was sort of running out of steam last I checked, but maybe the 1250 energized the site.

Just don't expect anything that's in the same league as GSR. You've been spoiled now. Me too...
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Congratulations! The Bandit was the best money I ever spent. The 2nd best money I ever spent was buying a factory service manual for it. heh
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check these out to start with. I'm still working on the top end rebuild of my GS 850 (which I'm never selling), but have hated being without wheels.

And, yeah, from what I've seen on some car forums I'm on, this forum is definitely in a league of its own!

Comment

Originally posted by oldgsfan View Post
            Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check these out to start with. I'm still working on the top end rebuild of my GS 850 (which I'm never selling), but have hated being without wheels.

And, yeah, from what I've seen on some car forums I'm on, this forum is definitely in a league of its own!
            I was on Bandit Alley since 05, but responses were very slow, sometimes weeks, so I drifted away. I'm not sure it is still around now. maximum Suzuki has a good tech compilation of info for the 1200 Bandit, but I found it too tightly monitored to be enjoyable, so I only go there to search the tech info. I almost never post there anymore.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
              The 2nd best money I ever spent was buying a factory service manual for it. heh
              Hey, I just happen to have a GSF1200S factory service manual on CD. PM me if you want a copy.
              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Working...
              X