August BOM 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August BOM 2013

Very Nice, Frank! It's really wonderful to see a beautiful '81 with the Original Owner still attached!

(...you can smell the Jealousy, eh? I will go to my grave pining for a bike I used to have, through my own weakness of character...)

Great looking bike, a real work horse! one of my favorite colours as well. Can't say many people own a vehicle that long, well done.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

azr, Gorminrider, thanks for the props! I wish that I could take all of the credit for holding on the Ol' Blue for so long, but there was more than one occasion when I was getting tired of having it in the garage, and considered selling. My wife talked me out of it every time, saying that I might want to ride again someday. She's a saint!

Gorminrider, thats a great idea for a thread on these forums, "The Bikes I Used to Have"! For me, it's the Honda 90, remember the ones with the white fairing down low? Took the fairing off and used it as a trail bike, what a blast! I was 12 or 13. Wish I had her today..

Cheers!

Comment

Congratulations on BOM! My favourite colour is blue. However, we did not get that colour combo here in South Africa. I am also the original owner of a '81 850.
        1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

2BRacing, I just looked back at the April '09 photo of your BOM, sweet machine! Glad to hear of another OO 81 850 out there... a rare breed indeed!

Cheers!

Comment

Very nice bike indeed ,impressive to own a bike that long,Brian

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
              ,impressive to own a bike that long,Brian
              Thanks, Brian! Like I said, I owe it in part to the wife. Wait a minute, I just realized, I married her the same year, hey...maybe there's a connection...

Cheers!

Comment

Nice bike! I bought my GS1000E new in '79 and still have it too.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks Kieth! I'm impressed; OO '79! Lots of good miles on that one, I'm sure...

Comment

Frank: I really love your bike, especially the color!

The 850's (my first GS was an '82 850, I bought from my nephew Dan) are one of my favorite bikes of all time and it's cool that your son was involved in the resto.

1979 GS1000

Comment

gsgeezer, thanks, man! She's a beauty indeed! Never really appreciated how solid the 850's are until I started riding again. Seems like we've aged together. Definitely not the bike for pure, unadulterated speed or nimble handling, but solid in all the areas where it counts.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X