Anyone been on a Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been on a Victory

I know there are those forum members who own or haven ridden Harleys and/or other V-Twins. Anyone been on a Victory?

a friend of mine has one. he admits that he bought it to cruise with his new, blond girlfriend, while she wore short shorts, to show off.
    and look badass.

he doesn't ride it anymore and last i knew it was sitting in his garage. he offered to sell it to me for what he seemed to think was a fair price.

i did ride it thru town a bit and hated every second of it.

i do remember thinking it was better than the harleys i've ridden but don't remember why.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Coincidently, I just posted a pic of my old Victory in the Indian thread. It was a great bike, without issues. Very smooth, compared to the other v twin guys. This is a touring cruiser, no longer available.

I certainly won't rule out a Victory in my future.

Comment

I rode every model they made a few years ago at a Demo Day. Tons of torque, but the switches and things seemed really not well thought out, or constructed. Seemed cheap, almost an afterthought. Actually did 2nd gear wheelies on a couple. Hated the styling on the touring bike. Vision, I think?

Comment

So I'm guessing if you ride one of these, you're "almost" as cool as the Harley dress up queens? I think I'll pass.
          Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
          87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
          99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
          15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

I have a friend who has one a V92 it has a lot of torque and plenty of power , handling sucks, brakes are OK for such a large bike. I have had to do a few repairs on this for him, did new tires , normal crap changing the tires, had to replace the starter, now there was a engineering brain fart. The designers put the starter, below the high oil level in the crank case, and use a o-ring to seal it. Well guess what happens when the o-ring gives up, oil all over the place and an oil drenched starter. The rest of the bike reminds me of an old Bucyrus Erie power shovel, very out dated, like all Polaris based products I've had the non-pleasure of working on. And as stated before alot of after thought. Also had alot of electrical problems in the dash area, shorted wires wand what not. Bike only has around 18k miles on it and he is the second owner, bought it with 2k on it. It is an 01
            Last edited by hjfisk; 08-05-2013, 09:19 PM.
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
              So I'm guessing if you ride one of these, you're "almost" as cool as the Harley dress up queens? I think I'll pass.

Not even close!
              sigpic

82 GS850
              78 GS1000
              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
              .................________-|___\____
              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Not as cool at all....Harley queers got the market cornered on the gay pirate parade garb and attitudes.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I have ridden one. The 8 Ball, or maybe its a Vegas. Its too styled for me, I'm not an Arlen Ness fan, anyhow. Its tidy. mechanical things are hidden, or all stylish. The motor isn't that slow. the fuel injection makes it start and idle perfectly from cold. The forward controls blow for me, the too low seat gives bad ride and a poor riding position for me. He cracked a turn signal, and I bought him a new one on line for about 15 bucks. with shipping. Not Bad. He likes it. We rode together on more than a couple 400 plus mile days with me on a 1000G. I'm not sure how much faster my G is, but it is faster. He likes to run it 80 plus. Its been totally maintenance free for him except an oil change occasionally. I'll never want it, but the style isn't as offensive to me as it once was.
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take for a seemingly honest question to degenerate into a Harley bash. You guys are too predictable. Get some new material.

Comment

im not much into cruisers, but i test rode a victory highball..

was a nice riding bike...going and shifting into gear sounded funky...

would i buy one...maybe

Comment

No, but I watched an attractive young lady try to turn around in a gravel parking lot for quite a while using the fifteen point turn technique. Don't those things have reverse? Very interesting. Very attractive except for the brand new pirate garb.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          No, but I watched an attractive young lady try to turn around in a gravel parking lot for quite a while using the fifteen point turn technique. Don't those things have reverse? Very interesting. Very attractive except for the brand new pirate garb.
                          Ahhhh, the textbook cruiser turn.
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
                            I was wondering how long it would take for a seemingly honest question to degenerate into a Harley bash. You guys are too predictable. Get some new material.
                            As soon as Harley comes out with another lame attempt at producing a somewhat "real" motorcycle.....ie VROD......we will have PLENTY of new material!

Until then, you're stuck with status quo. Besides, Harley bashing is all in good fun, and I can't think of a more deserving group of riders. They take themselves WAY too seriously!
                            Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Here are my two pet peeves with Harleys.

1... Its way over priced based on "NOSTALGIA". Damned thing is juat another bike really.

2... The look down their nose attitudes coupled with I am a BILLY BADAZZ attitude is a real turn off..just be a normal regular dude and it would be more well received.
                              Last edited by chuck hahn; 08-06-2013, 03:23 PM.
                              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X