Need a tire desperately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a tire desperately.

I took the FZ750 in for certification this morning and it failed due to crappy tires. Now I have spent all day trying to round up fresh ones but have a problem as I can't seem to find a front tire anywhere in Canada. It is a 120-80-16 in a "V" rating. Lots of websites have them listed but when ordering, they are no longer available or on serious back order. I even went to a couple of dealers and had the same result.

So at this point, I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a US reseller that would have something or would anyone have one to sell?

I'm in a bit of a bind as I have 10 days from now to replace them or I lose the certification. The bike passed in all other areas.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I buy tires from Motorcycle Superstore. I have no idea if they deliver to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
      I buy tires from Motorcycle Superstore. I have no idea if they deliver to Canada.
      They don't

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
        I took the FZ750 in for certification this morning and it failed due to crappy tires. Now I have spent all day trying to round up fresh ones but have a problem as I can't seem to find a front tire anywhere in Canada. It is a 120-80-16 in a "V" rating. Lots of websites have them listed but when ordering, they are no longer available or on serious back order. I even went to a couple of dealers and had the same result.

So at this point, I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a US reseller that would have something or would anyone have one to sell?

I'm in a bit of a bind as I have 10 days from now to replace them or I lose the certification. The bike passed in all other areas.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
        Delivered to my door in Victoria BC in 5 days! You gotta be able to get them just as quick.
        Canada's online shopping source for motorcycle, dirt bike, motocross, atv and snowmobile gear parts, and accessories. Everyday low prices and free shipping!

Free delivery over $100. and extra $15 off for more than two tires. Great prices too.
        Good luck
        Ontario...the good old cash grab of having to certify your vehicle. Brutal!
        No signature

Comment

SW Moto Tires

Try this.

http://www.swmototires.com/Avon-ROAD...309766&ez=Avon Street Bike Tires And Wheels&pos=8

I have used this company, got my tires in 3 days to my US postal box, but they do ship to Canada.

Or this is less money and ships from Canada. Opps see Trevor has already recommended these guys and they have your tire in stock.
          Purchase the Avon AM26 Roadrider Front Tire at Canada's Motorcycle. Free shipping and Easy returns.
          Last edited by Kiwi Canuck; 08-08-2013, 12:01 AM.
          2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
          2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
          1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
          2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
          1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
          1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
          1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
          Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Thanks guys. I ordered up a set of Avons from Canadas Motorcycle. $260 all in and free delivery, can't beat that! Actually, that is what is on it right now so hopefully some fresh ones will feel better. I'll let you know.

Comment

I just picked up a tire form them. It is freaky to pass your parcel notice to the POW and see them smile when they bring out a tire. Its fun like shiping a Banana.

Comment

thanx for that canada's motorcycle site, I have real old cracked spitfires on my Katana, and I ordered a pair of shinkos 712s (120/90/18 and 100/90/19), total was 146.shipped. they should be here Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by dark7068 View Post
                  thanx for that canada's motorcycle site, I have real old cracked spitfires on my Katana, and I ordered a pair of shinkos 712s (120/90/18 and 100/90/19), total was 146.shipped. they should be here Tuesday
                  These guys are good as well and competitive on their pricing as well

Order the top brands of Motorcycle Tires, Helmets, Jackets, Pants, Boots, Gloves & Accessories with the lowest prices and fast FedEX shipping in Canada! With tons of inventory ready to ship and live stock access from all the big names like Alpinestars, Scott, Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop, Anlas, Avon, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Kenda, Metzeler, Shinko and Heidenau.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

Order the top brands of Motorcycle Tires, Helmets, Jackets, Pants, Boots, Gloves & Accessories with the lowest prices and fast FedEX shipping in Canada! With tons of inventory ready to ship and live stock access from all the big names like Alpinestars, Scott, Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop, Anlas, Avon, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Kenda, Metzeler, Shinko and Heidenau.

Pete's on holidays right now.
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

they didn't list the ones I got,,but I will check out that site too for a price comparison on other stuff, thanx

Comment

The Sport Demon's are cheaper or the same amount as Motorcycle Superstore, so for those who can't nip across the border it seems Pete's is a decent option. Of course, taxes and shipping are on top of that, but the convenience of to the door delivery might outweigh the cost
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

^^^^

It's where I got my Sport Demons from......fast turn around time as well.....

Comment

^^^^

...and how are they holding up? Do you have much opportunity to get out into the twisties at all these days?
                            '83 GS650G
                            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

^^^^

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                              ...and how are they holding up? Do you have much opportunity to get out into the twisties at all these days?
                              I have about 1000 Km on then now, and so far I am liking them, no issues at all, very sticky, not bad in the wet as well....

Now I have not hit the twisties, not really a whole lot around my part of the world, but for the commute to work and back, the odd run around the city just to get out for a while they have been great, I try o lean on them as much as I can but I was never an aggressive rider or a knee dragger, so I am not really able to give them the work out they could probably handle...

But I do like them and I wouldn't hesitate to get another set, would love them on my FZ project but the sizes are not available, so I will be going with a set of Bridgestone BT45's ? once it's ready to roll....

Overall I like them....

Comment

Working...
                              X