Paging 850 Combat...Triton.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paging 850 Combat...Triton.

I know you and i share a love of Tridents so i figured you should see this beauty.
    Well at least part of it is a Trident.
    I think it looks great. Hopefully it sounds and runs just as well.

We get quite a few Tritons sent in to Bike EXIF—maybe one every couple of weeks. I’m a big fan of the genre and always enjoying looking at them. But I sometimes think once you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. Then this modern take on the classic Triton dropped into my inbox, and my…

2@ \'78 GS1000

Wow very nice bike , what year is that ,Brian

Comment

Oh man, need a sound clip of that baby!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

That is unbelievably cool...
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Cool. That is the only Trident Featherbed I've ever seen. I've seen CB750s, Sportsters, Vincents, Triumph and BSA trins in Norton Featherbed frames, but never a Trident. The 3 into 3 is cool.

I built this Norton Atlas Café in the 70s and sold it in the 90s. I bought this Trackmaster framed Trident in the 80s and sold it in the 90s. Had a pregnant wife and a broken back at the time.

Those Norton Featherbed frames won GP races for years and years.

Of course here is me and my Hurricane at The Lookout in the late 80s.

Last edited by 850 Combat; 08-15-2013, 11:32 AM.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post

Of course here is me and my Hurricane at The Lookout in the late 80s.

That looks very much like the lookout over Lake Elsinore on Hwy 74 aka "The Ortega Hwy" Been there many times.. What a STELLAR piece of highway!

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              ...you should see this beauty.

We get quite a few Tritons sent in to Bike EXIF—maybe one every couple of weeks. I’m a big fan of the genre and always enjoying looking at them. But I sometimes think once you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. Then this modern take on the classic Triton dropped into my inbox, and my…

Now there is a café-styled bike that every bobber builder wannabe should be forced to look at for a week before touching a tool.

Thanks for posting.

I'm not a big fan of reposting images, but (I think) this is worth it:
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
                That looks very much like the lookout over Lake Elsinore on Hwy 74 aka "The Ortega Hwy" Been there many times.. What a STELLAR piece of highway!
                The Ortega is OK. Crowded.

The part of 74 from Hemet to Palm Desert is much much better, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                  Now there is a café-styled bike that every bobber builder wannabe should be forced to look at for a week before touching a tool.

Thanks for posting.

I'm not a big fan of reposting images, but (I think) this is worth it:
                  ....... hi guys thats 1 sweet bike regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Searching around i finally found some footage.
                    The video part doesn't load very well for me but the sound is not too bad in spots.
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sweet bike

A Triton is on the must buy list the day I hit the lottery

Comment

The part of 74 from Hemet to Palm Desert is much much better, in my opinion.
                        That may be NOW, but my recollection of hwy 74 was from when your pic was taken. I moved to NORCAL many years ago, and haven't seen Ortega Hwy since!

Comment

Early to mid-70s, I used to ride out there a lot - first on a Bonneville, then a '71 Commando. It wasn't too crowded then, but you'd get 50+ bikes at the lookout. I read something Egan wrote about going there several years ago and it sounded bumper to bumper.
                          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Early 80's I used to wait at the fire station and take out after sport bikes on my Atlas and try to chase them down. It wasn't very fast then, but there weren't many straights in that area. From the Lookout to Elsinore, I would sometimes go after them with a 441 Victor, which went OK downhill. I owned a rental house in Lake Elsinore from '83 to '93 or so, and kept most of my bikes at my brother's house there for when I wasn't in Alaska.

Comment

Working...
                            X