Finally legal and on the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally legal and on the road!

Well I got my tires yesterday and my safety certificate today at 1pm. A quick trip to Service Ontario and $10 more and I'm legal. She's not 100% finished but no more wrenching this year. Anything else will have to wait for winter. I got me a whole passle of riding to get done.

Here she is:

I don't think Deez is interested anymore

Well I better get those tires scrubbed in.

Thanks to all for the interest, enthusiasm and support especially my good pal and partner in crime Gatekeeper. I couldn't have done it with out you bud.

Cheers,
    Spyug

I am adding more pics....

Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Looks good. Did you do the paint?

Have the rains let up in Southern Ontario?
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Sweet looking bike! You wont be able to get a stoopid grin off your face for weeks. (I hope!) Congratulations.

Comment

Thanks BigD. I didn't do the paint on the tins but I painted my spare set of wheels to match while I was waiting for the skins to turn up. I had done my XS Tracker and the 82 Kat that way and they looked good to me.

Its actually a bit odd as when I was a kid my dad always got white cars and I thought they were the most boring looking things. I swore I would never paint anything white. I guess its grown on me.

Well I just got back in from another short ride and have to tighten up a few things as I found I had lost a bolt holding the screen and a second one was almost gone too. At certain revs she seems to rattle a bit.

The rains have calmed down a lot but we're expecting some more next week. As long as they hold off over the weekend.

Cheers.

Comment

Well she's not up to Mr. Gatekeepers extremely high standard but she's nice from about 10 feet . Lots of little things to do and I am contemplating a frame off clean and repaint of engine and frame over the winter. For now I have to ride.

Riding could be hampered a wee bit as I have to make the mirrors useable since now I can only see my arms. I find it scary not to be able to see behind me. I'll have to work on something pronto.

Thanks for the compliment TT

Comment

I am sure you will have here spick and span and in all her glory by next season, we have a whole winter ahead, and what else can you be doing......but make her all pretty

Actually she don't look all that bad as she sits, so don't sweat the little things,,,,get out and ride.....

hey are we playing hookey on Friday, afternoon......

Comment

Will you paint bodywork to stock form with decals , Bike looks great ,Ride Safe

Comment

Working...
                X