Yamaha Seca 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha Seca 900

Anybody ever have one of these? Pros/Cons? I saw one I may go check out. My brother had a 750 and 2nd gear went, anything else they're known for? Thanks...

Same as a lot of GS, the regulator/rectifier can be iffy causing a no-charge.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I have a 650. I like it. Think I would like a 900 more.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Pros: One year wonder which was a victim of the HD tariff
        Cons: Part availability
        1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
        Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

They went longer than one year outside the US. Not a bad bike at all.
          I've been inside a couple of motors to prepare them for speedway TQ use - never had to repair a road one. Solid, well engineered.

Comment

A bit of mechanical info here:http://prototype900turbo.com/index.p...00/maintenance
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I passed on it. The 1 year thing did it for me. They've got some weird rotors on the front that are somewhat known to warp.

Comment

The tariff bikes were the 700's. A 900 would have been taxed either way. There are plenty of nice bikes out there besides 900 Secas, but I would be inclined to get one if a decent one crossed my path when I had the money. I have looked at a few, and they were thrashed, so I passed. I would try a TDM 850 Yamaha too, if a nice one crossed my path.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

U Seca I finda....
                  If I got one cheap, I would take it.

1979 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                  X