Well I lied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I lied.

I said I wasn't going to do anymore wrenching this season now that the FZ is legal but I had to.

The silly stock mirrors mounted on the fairing don't give any view of what's behind you and that is just too damn scary for me so like I had done for my GSs, I made adapters to move them out a bit. This is what I came up with:

Not the prettiest things but they make the mirrors workable now.

A bit of 1/8" x 2.75"mild steel stock about 3.5" long pushes them out about 2.5" from the stock location.

I just used what nuts and bolts I had lying around but I'll replace them with cap screws and steel acorn nuts if they work out for me.

The mounts are bolted through the fairing to the "birdcage" under neath so they are solid and I don't expect they will vibrate over much. No chance to test this evening but as soon as I can tomorrow I'll be testing.

Only one more necessary bodge still to do. I need to put a short bar on the sidestand so I can find it with my foot when I want it down. The darn thing tucks in tight to the frame and goes partially under the pipes so its hard to get a toe on. Annoying.

Just do what everyone with a Cooley does. Pick up your left arm and look under your arm pit!!!
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

1 That's tweaking NOT wrenching so you're good.
      2 IMHO barends would be a better solution,but I'm biased

Comment

Working...
      X