Almost road ready project for sale....not mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost road ready project for sale....not mine

I have been contacted by a church buddy of mine who has a 1986 Yamaha XJ700 he would like to sell. As fare as I know he bought the bike for about $1000 and hasn't really had much time to do much with it. It does run with a charged/good battery however it needs the carbs rebuilt and may possibly have some wiring that needs some attention. I will get some pics as soon as I can but for now all I can say is that it is black and all stock. Looks fairly good as far as cosmetics but could use a good cleaning. It is belt drive and last summer, I believe, was on the road. He is looking for around $500 but its not set in stone. He needs to sell because a nosy neighbor called the city and made a complaint about it sitting to long. The city had an inspector out that afternoon and the inspector labeled it as non-functioning and told him to get ride of it or they would be back in 3 weeks to pick it up and scrap it. Hate to see a decent bike go but I already have 2 projects I am working on and cant take another one. If you have any questions ask and I will answer as fast as possible.
Working...
X