Mirror, mirror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror, mirror.

Well I've been having my issues with mirrors on the FZ. The stock ones, mounted on the fairing don't extend out far enough to see anything other than my shoulders. After four or five attempts at making extenders, I finally have some that work somewhat. At certain speeds and revs, I can see fairly clearly. At others, its just one big blur.

Now what makes it interesting is that I put on some $3 blind spot mirrors to augment what I see and very strangely, they do not go blurry at any speed.

Now why is this I ask myself. The stock mirrors seem fine, the glass is firmly fixed and the joints are quite tight and yet there is still serious movement.

Now I read somewhere about drilling the "case" holding the glass and filling it with bbs or even silicone calms down the shakes but I have no experience with this and as I only have one set of mirrors I don't want to bugger them.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience to share?

Cheers,
    Spyug

Ride faster and stop looking behind you.....LOL

sorry couldn't resist....

Comment

Sounds like the added weight holds down the shakes.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

take them off, they wont shake then!
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I had a set of mirrors where the lead weight inside was vibrating. So I drilled a hole and started filling with that expandable foam crap. Made a Hell of a mess when the mirror exploded. Would have made a funny video.......
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
          X