Sept BOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sept BOM

Great looking bike and even better story. Congrats and I'm glad you put that beautiful bike back on the road.

http://www.thegsresources.com/images...me/2013_09.jpg
    Last edited by trevor; 09-04-2013, 10:21 AM.
    No signature

I am jealous!

1979 GS1000

Comment

I've never seen one in that color scheme either. Great looking bike.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

That's a super looking GS 750 you have there Ken! Love the way they go, stop and handle!
        There has to be at least 2 of the red ones out there as I had one as well that I sold off this spring. But I can live with that as I still have the one dressed in black.
        I've attached a pic of the Twins.

Comment

Love the bike, Ken. How lucky is that that the bike didn't hardly deteriorate during its hiatus?!

Got any more pics to share?

Comment

Same words as Trevor - thank you for sharing!
            83 was the last year for 750's here in the states, and I sure don't remember that paint scheme on any 750 or 700 before - very sharp!
            Scott
            1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
            1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
            1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
            2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
            sigpic

Comment

Very cool story.The post 83 Canadian 750's are have quite a few detail differences from the US 700's.

Comment

84 gs750ee

Thanks for the kind comments. I was also surprised that it didn't seem to deteriorate. I did uncover it in 2002 to change the motor oil and brake fluid and put a few drops of oil in the empty gas tank to try to prevent corrosion. I had to buff out the pits on the wheel rims. I have since changed the old brake lines with new stainless steel ones and defeated the anti-dive feature; resulting in much better feel at the front brake lever.

I suspected the '84 750 wasn't available in the states, since U.S. parts supplier websites stop at 1983.

jetta90: While looking at the pic of your 2 beauties, I remember that the dealer I bought the bike from, swapped the mirrors from a new GS550 which had longer stems because I commented on poor rearward visibility. I wonder if the buyer of that 550 is still looking at his shoulders in his mirrors.
                Best regards, Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken O View Post
                  Thanks for the kind comments. I was also surprised that it didn't seem to deteriorate. I did uncover it in 2002 to change the motor oil and brake fluid and put a few drops of oil in the empty gas tank to try to prevent corrosion. I had to buff out the pits on the wheel rims. I have since changed the old brake lines with new stainless steel ones and defeated the anti-dive feature; resulting in much better feel at the front brake lever.

I suspected the '84 750 wasn't available in the states, since U.S. parts supplier websites stop at 1983.

jetta90: While looking at the pic of your 2 beauties, I remember that the dealer I bought the bike from, swapped the mirrors from a new GS550 which had longer stems because I commented on poor rearward visibility. I wonder if the buyer of that 550 is still looking at his shoulders in his mirrors.
                  Best regards, Ken
                  Hey Ken, yea the mirrors on the red GS I had provided excellent views of your elbows/shoulders as I recall. lol I just had to move my arm a tiny bit and I could see what was behind me. The black GS on the other hand, has bar end mirrors installed and the rear view is much much better. I really just enjoy the character traits of these bikes. They are quick and feel very light when riding. The twisties are always a pleasure as the bike is quite flickable in the twisties, and they stop quite well. I really think people don't know how good of a motorcycle this is.

Comment

Nice to see some different models.

Nice to see some models under 1 liter make the bike of the month photo. More often than not they are 1000cc or larger. Very sharp example of this model. Maybe we'll see a full dresser or two in the coming months?
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cdnoel View Post
                      Maybe we'll see a full dresser or two in the coming months?
                      I just did some looking. Apparently, the last dresser to earn the honor was in February, 2010.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                      X