1981 Kawasaki GPZ1100 $1600 CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Kawasaki GPZ1100 $1600 CO

Fuel Injected GPZ1100 that apparently does not run. Price has dropped recently, hate the chunky styling . . . Not mine

I remember seeing a GPZ painted in tri-color at Holloman AFB in the early 1980s with an ear splitting Kerker KR installed . . . I wonder if its the same bike

1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
    Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Was that the Canadian scheme for the 1100? Man that is hideous. I like the Canadian 50 and 750 schemes.

Comment

I hate the way they look!

1979 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
        Was that the Canadian scheme for the 1100? Man that is hideous. I like the Canadian 50 and 750 schemes.
        Oh sure.. Blame it on Canada......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

IMO the '82 models look a lot better -

Hasn't run for a few years ? Expect to spend some money on nearly unobtainable parts -

Comment

no way taht is a stock paint job
            its just too ugly

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
              no way that is a stock paint job
              its just too ugly
              Its not stock. The GPzs were all red, "Firecracker Red" to be precise, with silver and blue trim stripes, until past 1983.....at least in Canada, and, I think, the US. After '83 they started coming in silver grey and black, both with colored striping. Not sure when that started, '84 or '85....

Comment

The EFI on those bikes were very problematic. Many now run carbs rather than injectors. Depending on the miles, it could be a decent buy. The sissybar has to go...

That paint is not factory - at least for North America. The regular red and black paint is much better looking

Comment

Used to call that one 'The Breadbox' model!
                  sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
                  '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
                  '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
                  '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
                  '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
                  '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
                  '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
                  '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
                  '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
                  '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

82 in blue. Ugly blue but I assume its OEM. $2900

Comment

it's a repaint....

Cosmetically, both the B1 and B2 were released in a bright red paint called "Firecracker Red", the B2 was also available in a gold colour called "Sonic Gold".
                      Last edited by blowerbike; 09-13-2013, 03:36 PM. Reason: added

Comment

jeff.saunders is right - many of these were converted to carbs.

The EFI on that bike is like the system on the '80 Z1 Classic.

The DFI they went to in 1982 works a lot better, and I haven't seen one converted to carbs that revs as fast or runs as clean as the DFI.

I just wish I could find some extra parts and stockpile them, because Kawasaki no longer stocks the Temp Sensor, the air temp sensor, the throttle position sensor, etc., and they didn't use them after the ZN1300 -

Comment

*Follow up

I scored big - I bought the full rack of injectors, complete with TPS, as well as the temp sensor, and the air temp sensor, from a 14k mile parts bike delivered to my door for $160.

I'm either going to send the throttle bodies in and get them bored out, and the injectors cleaned and balanced, or I'm going to carefully clean, pack, and vacuum seal them away in case something on the big Kawi fails - now to find a spare ECU reasonable and do the same thing -

Comment

Working...
                          X