Good wrenching & riding day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good wrenching & riding day

Well the FZ carbs which I had previously cleaned and rebuilt started acting up last weekend giving horrendous mileage. So bad that I decided to clean and rebuild the spare set, which I did this week.

Today MR. Gatekeeper came down to return my Morgan Carbtune and lend a hand doing the swap and setup. Boy am I glad he did.

Mr. Gatekeeper suitably attired in USMC ball cap and yours truly playing with carbs:

As we were getting them in place my long time goodbuddy (48 years) Bruce came up with lunch and assisted Mr. Gatekeeper with the installation of the airbox:

That was a major achievement as the thing had never actually fitted since I got the bike this year. I could not have done it and hats off to them both for thinking outside the box and getting the damn thing on and bolted down.

After scarfing down a fine mixed meat sub (bad for you but oh so tasty) we suited up and headed out to show Mr. Gatekeeper the sights of the Niagara Escarpment. We took him up and down the accesses that double for "twisties" hereabouts and rode down about 50km to the lovely little wine town of Beamsville where we stopped for a well needed pee and one libation to celebrate our fine day.

The bike ran flawlessly and accelerated like the banshee I know her to be. I must say I am adapting to her and enjoy the performance immensely, even if I can't use it.

Mr. Gatekeeper and I did a swap and I've got to say I miss the old GS. His bike is so refined, has mirrors I can actually see images in, is smooth as silk, has a comfortable seat and (and this is a big and) an indicator for the gear selector. Oh how I miss that.

I like the upright riding position of the GS and I now think my favourite bike would be the riding position of a GS with the power of an FZ. Those 1150s are looking mighty interesting.

We got back to the ranch and decided to enjoy a stogie and one more libation to cap off this fine day.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help and the great ride we had today. It doesn't get much better than this.

Cheers all!

It was an awesome day........

Thanks for the beer, the lunch, and the excellent ride.....ohhhh and the hat....

Glad we got the bike sorted out, from what I saw the bike ran flawlessly....especially when we switched bikes and I zipped past you at about 120......Km that is....

Let's do it again soon.....

Comment

Working...
    X