It followed me home dear - '99 Triumph Trophy 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It followed me home dear - '99 Triumph Trophy 900

Looked at this yesterday...went and made an offer today, and brought her home...
    It's the 900...so my first triple. Needs some loving, carbs cleaned, fuel/vac hoses replaced, new windshield, etc., but I have all winter.

And before anyone asks...I will be selling the BMW.
    The BMW is a beautiful bike, but we never connected on deeper level.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

I've seen several to these available around me for what I think is a reasonal price and I've been tempted. I hope you enjoy. The triples have a very unique sound and to my ear, the best!

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I've always liked the way the 900 trophy looks, and you definitely got the best color in that body style.

Congrats on the new score, you're going to love the way that triple sounds when you're WOT in high revs...

Is that a corbin seat? Doesn't look stock.

Comment

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
        Is that a corbin seat? Doesn't look stock.
        Yes it is....

Comment

Nice score Bob. That should be a fun ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
            Nice score Bob. That should be a fun ride.
            Thanks Jeff....

Amy thinks I have too many, but I think there is room for another...

Comment

I stopped by Bob's house unannounced today to show him something and got a chance to see this bike. It is very nice and I think he will enjoy it.

Congrats Bob!
              IBA# 24077
              '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
              '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
              '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I've never really looked twice at those Triumph's but she looks fantastic. I'll have to look again the next time I see one. Congrats! and what does the wife know anyways. Guess you guys both had something to show Joe.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

And before anyone asks...I will be selling the BMW.
                  The BMW is a beautiful bike, but we never connected on deeper level.
                  Just curious, why the disconnect?

I know why I discoed from the K1200S, just curious about your thoughts on this one...

That Triumph looks great too!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    Just curious, why the disconnect?

I know why I discoed from the K1200S, just curious about your thoughts on this one...

That Triumph looks great too!
                    Good question...I am not altogether sure, I just know I haven't fallen in love with it.
                    It's a great looking bike, just beautiful, but it didn't translate well when riding.
                    The motor never won me over. Sure the torque is nice when riding to work, red light to red light, but beyond that, nothing.

But more important, after almost 3K miles, I never got confident with it cornering...just could never lay it over without a little twinge of worry. I thought that was due to the two crashes, but yesterday bringing home the Triumph, I tossed it over easy, and liked it.
                    Maybe it was that telelever setup...I don't know.

Oh...and the turn signals quit working Saturday...So I decided to check the fuses...
                    First step in the instructions? Remove the left fairing...Really? To get to the fuses?

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Good question...I am not altogether sure, I just know I haven't fallen in love with it.
                      It's a great looking bike, just beautiful, but it didn't translate well when riding.
                      The motor never won me over. Sure the torque is nice when riding to work, red light to red light, but beyond that, nothing.

But more important, after almost 3K miles, I never got confident with it cornering...just could never lay it over without a little twinge of worry. I thought that was due to the two crashes, but yesterday bringing home the Triumph, I tossed it over easy, and liked it.
                      Maybe it was that telelever setup...I don't know.

Oh...and the turn signals quit working Saturday...So I decided to check the fuses...
                      First step in the instructions? Remove the left fairing...Really? To get to the fuses?
                      It was maintenance access caused by the poorly designed fairing that made me sell my Air head RT. Lots of things were hard to get used to, but that was the deal breaker. Let us know how the Triumph grows on you.
                      Last edited by 850 Combat; 10-15-2013, 10:13 AM.
                      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Just because Joe said you might have to lend it to me on my next trip there... you sell it? Really?

Congrats Bob. The Trophy looks good in your stable.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                          Just because Joe said you might have to lend it to me on my next trip there... you sell it? Really?
                          Not to worry, Dan...I still have the 1100E

Comment

Congratulations! I had the opportunity to ride one last spring and there's been a few here on Craigslist lately. The Daytona having infected me with the triple tone addiction I am always looking at the Triumphs. "Maybe... Carrie needs a Speed Triple?"

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
                              Congratulations! I had the opportunity to ride one last spring and there's been a few here on Craigslist lately. The Daytona having infected me with the triple tone addiction I am always looking at the Triumphs. "Maybe... Carrie needs a Speed Triple?"
                              I have 2 friends selling STs, if you're interested
                              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                              2007 DRz 400S
                              1999 ATK 490ES
                              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                              X