Got a BMW K1100RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a BMW K1100RS

After much looking I got 1996 K1100RS. I love it. It has 22k miles and seems mechanically sound. It is a fixer upper with several jobs that have to be done before it is safe to ride.

Now I have 3 motorcycles and that seems like one too many. I don't have the room and one will windup hardly ever being ridden. I think I will sell the GS850G.

Outstanding! I loved both of mine. Comfy, cruise all day at 80mph...

Let me know if there are any parts you need. I've got a bunch of stuff I salvaged off my totaled bike that hasn't made it to eBay yet. I'll give ya a good GSR discount.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Outstanding! I loved both of mine. Comfy, cruise all day at 80mph...

Let me know if there are any parts you need. I've got a bunch of stuff I salvaged off my totaled bike that hasn't made it to eBay yet. I'll give ya a good GSR discount.
      Subforry,
      Cannot be that for 8rt deal. BTW what's the matter for such a low mileage bike?
      1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
      Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Baatfam: Thanks for generous offer. I will have to think about what I need.

srsupertrap: There is nothing wrong with it for the $1800 I paid. I rode it home some 100 miles. It needs tires (ordered) and fork seals (working on). There might be something odd with the lights (high beam, hazards, and parking lights don't work) or I could be confused on the their operation.

The paint has a few chips. It has been dropped when not moving. So the fairings don't quite fit tight in some spots. I am happy to have the projects.

It has grip warmers - man those are nice.

Comment

Those are nice bikes, that fairing is probably the best one I have eveer ridden behind, not counting the new ones on the new beemers.

I always wanted that fairing on a K75 or on a big old Suzuki, but they are hard to find.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Picture cleaned up with new fork seals, new tires, lower fairing in place.

The old tires profile was like this \__/. Not round but 3 sided. Seems like someone rode it with very lower pressure.

Comment

Nice bike. I had the earlier '85 K100RT and it was a good all around bike and go all day long. With long legs though my knees did bump up against the fairing some which was a little annoying and it was the ugly drab green BMW color. They have good linear power but certainly not the rush of my FZ1 or Bandit. With heated grips, great protection with that fairing and a heated vest you should be all set for extreme cold weather riding! Use the center stand when letting the bike sit more than a day since it may blow some oil on start up on the side stand with the design of that flat 4 engine. The seperate turn signal switches got me thinking and looking down when switching my bikes back and forth all the time.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2013, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Those grip warmers come in handy, especially in a climate like Hermosa Beach, CA.

1979 GS1000

Comment

You got a great deal on that bike, looks great. I had to give $500 for the one I got. Its got 150,000 miles on the engine and its in pieces.

Comment

Working...
                  X