Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice enough but... (XS650 Street Tracker FS)- not mine

'83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

I want a exhaust set up like that for my build

Comment

Hmmm,

having a hard time envisioning your USD forks with the tracker/scrambler pipes. Might just be my personal aesthetic leaning, but I see more of an upswept 2 into 1 for your l'il overkill project.
      '83 GS650G

Comment

I like that a lot. The pipes make it. SR500 gas tank?
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

dang a Yamaha I may ride. that is cool.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
            I like that a lot. The pipes make it. SR500 gas tank?
            Hard to tell from that angle, but it could be an old XS tank as well. Funny enough, a bike like that ought to stand out in this city, but I've never seen it on the street.

The $8k price tag is a tad steep for my blood...
            '83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              Hard to tell from that angle, but it could be an old XS tank as well. Funny enough, a bike like that ought to stand out in this city, but I've never seen it on the street.

The $8k price tag is a tad steep for my blood...
              Yeah it doesn't look like it spends much time on the road. Noticed it is listed in Pemberton and the phone number is from up that way. perhaps it lives up there?

Comment

That is a 78 style tank that has been debadged I'd say. It is a nice bike but its not worth the asking price, more like $6K max with engine work (none mentioned). Probably more like $5K as it is. Mind you, the market there seems a bit jacked up compared to over here.

Comment

Looks nice.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

XS's are fun to tinker with, and can be made to be stunningly beautiful, but the power leaves a lot to be desired. If I had another, the first thing I'd do is the 270 degree crank mod to smooth it out, then maybe a 750 big bore kit, but you still aren't talking fireball performance.

A lot of people think they are going to hit the jackpot reselling them, but I was lucky to get $1500 for mine, which is probably break even, or a small loss considering I got it almost road worth for $500.

Comment

Working...
                    X