2006 CBR600rr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 CBR600rr

Bought an '06 CBR600rr off one of the guys at the shop for $1500. While salvaged, it runs perfectly fine with the exception of needing a manual cam chain tensioner (a normal problem with what seems like all CBRs). Plastics are all taken off, soon to be replaced by some redbull plastics. Will also powdercoat as much as I can on it for practice, probably gold to match the fairings to soon be put on. Need a brake lever, and left front rotor (warped from the accident). Has a Yoshimura RS-5 slip on which sounds pretty nasty to me, but in a completely good way.

Here's a quick video I took when I bought it

Are the plastics expensive?

Sounds like a fun project, I'll be following it.
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

sweet score!, i think you can get a aftermarket plastics kit off ebay for 500?, but stock oem, are expencive, you can try cycle parts nation,or midwest action cycle,they are good on prices

Comment

So, here it is. And let the story unfold.

About a month ago

Tried gold for the rearsets/pegs (didn't like it)

about 3 weeks ago (Gloss red w/a silver metallic flake)

Mock up of the front end (rebuilt front forks, powdercoated upper/lower triple and speedo mount bracket)

As she sits now

Things to do:
        -New chain tensioner
        -new clutch plates and springs (Got em, just need to install it)
        -powdercoat/grind down the side covers (went down on the right side)
        -new chain/sprocket
        -set of front rotors (DONE!)
        -put fairings on
        -take a step back, and ride into the sunset laughing
        Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2014, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
          Are the plastics expensive?

Sounds like a fun project, I'll be following it.
          usually $300 to upwards of $600. I got mine for around $380 and it came with a couple tank protectors. It was pretty sweet

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
          sweet score!, i think you can get a aftermarket plastics kit off ebay for 500?, but stock oem, are expencive, you can try cycle parts nation,or midwest action cycle,they are good on prices
          Already got em... Check it out! hahaha Soon to be completely put together when I get a sub frame... I can't wait.

Comment

Finally got a subframe!!!

Front end is also 100% together. Wired the tach/speedo in, put the new rotor on and calipers as well. So, front end is basically done with the exception of some shorty levers I ordered (no names from China, may take a while).

Tore it apart, powdercoated it matte black (match the frame) and put it on. It is FINALLY looking like the CBR I knew it could be. Also, after the brake/light inspection and one by the CHP, it will be fully in my name and registered :thumbup:

Here's some pics!!

Comment

And the plastics are on, and it is road tested a few times! Just a few things to get taken care of and it will be ridden constantly:
              -Re-adjust the chain (pretty tight)
              -Adjust the front end so the wheel spins completely free (rubbing a little)
              -Fabricate a bracket for the rear light
              -Put on the rear integrated light
              -Put on some front turn signals
              -Install a small LED on the license plate holder (to pass the brake/light inspection)
              -Go to the CHP to get the engine number/vin checked
              -Get the brake light test done
              -Go to the DMV and it will be registered and in my name just in time for summer

I for one love the color of the plastics. The side covers I may take off and repowdercoat, but they're alright for now.

Here's some pictures for you

Comment

Working...
              X