Graeme Crosby 74 Z1 900 Project for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graeme Crosby 74 Z1 900 Project for sale

Up for auction is a fully rebuilt/restored Z1-A Kawasaki due to be completed in March with delivery approximately end of April 2014

The photo's are file images of recently completed Z1900's both 73 and 74 models

This will be a chassis-up build of a 1974 Kawasaki Z1-A using new parts and a fully rebuilt zero timed engine. New paintwork and wheels tires etc...

True classic Superbikes - Up for auction is a fully rebuilt/restored Z1-A Kawasaki due to be completed in March with delivery approximately end of April 2014...

$25000 NZ

In November, four guys from the tauranga area stopped here on their way to the Burt Munro. One was riding a just completed Crosby built Z1.

By the 3rd day of the trip (at my place) it obviously needed the points resetting and the camchain tensioner adjusting plus there was an exhaust leak.

I wasn't game to ask what it cost....but I heard on friday that the figure in the ad of around $25 grand is close.....

The one I saw was absolute bone stock - even down to the tyres which are apparently being remade in japan. Not my cup of tea, I'd fit a dyna as an absolute minimum.

Comment

So he is a way better rider than a builder, Wonder how much he really does on building the bike. Starting to sound like Harleys, Twice the price there really worth.
      Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I couldn't fault the build,Sharpy, but i suspect the quality of the parts available....back in the day as i remember it, the points would go for ever without adjustment so I suspect one set had a soft heel...
        I'm told they did a service on it when they stopped the next night but they had to live with the exhaust leak until they got home and could replace gaskets.

Comment

Working...
        X