Finally got me a new project bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got me a new project bike!

So, since I basically finished up the baby kat engine conversion, I've been perusing CL's and dreaming about getting a new project. But alas, school costs have been eating a huge hole in the budget if you know what I mean. But, my luck was about to change thanks to my ever loving wife. For Christmas, she pumped up my moto budget whoo hoo! It wasn't a lot, but enough that I think I could at least get something started

So, I knew I wanted to do something different than a resto. Something like a cafe, or brat or something. And I knew I wanted a twin. And so the search began...

I looked at GS450's, 500's, rd400's but everything I looked at was just a bit too much or completely clapped out or missing a title.

But again, my luck was about to change

I ran across an ad where a guy was selling his half started XS650 project. It had already been stripped, the frame detabbed, the frame modified with a brat kit, new single seat, frame powder coated, a new tank, bars, and tires and both mags and spoked wheels. And the engine, although I could not hear it run, has only 12K on it. And I managed to get it all for 900 bucks!

I'm so pumped. I can't wait to get this one rolling. As always, I will rely on you guys for some help along the way. You guys are the best out there I don't care what kind of bike it is.

Take care and here's to two wheel toys!

1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
    1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
    2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
Working...
X