Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tapatalk forum reader smartphone app support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapatalk forum reader smartphone app support?

Hi. As my phones has gotten bigger and bigger screens and with more processing power I find I'm using it more and more for browsing the internet instead of breaking out the laptop, it's just more convenient and it's always with me..
    However forum browsing on a phone browser isn't that good unless your forum supports a mobile theme.
    So this app called Tapatalk, http://tapatalk.com/, changes all that and makes forum browsing super easy and much more accesible from a mobile device.

I have been using it for a while now and it's great, is adding support for this something the Admin(s) of this site has considered or is willing to consider?
    Doesn't look to hard to implement? http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatal...ugin=vbulletin

Or perhaps add a mobile theme to the forum?

Thanks for reading

Spiff, Frank tried to upgrade the software last year to possibly support mobile options but ran into problems and hasn't tried again since that I know of. However, viewing the site through your phone's browser still works well enough to do what you need (at least my iPhone does).
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Spiff, Frank tried to upgrade the software last year to possibly support mobile options but ran into problems and hasn't tried again since that I know of. However, viewing the site through your phone's browser still works well enough to do what you need (at least my iPhone does).
      My iPhone browser is fine, in fact I prefer it to the Mobil browsers. I'm on it now.

Comment

tapatalk works great.
        now for those that have phones the size of a small tablet...life is good.
        i have to increase size 3-5 times to read and every time i move around it defaults to the small size.
        but...i seldom use my phone for forums.

Comment

I don't mind having tapatalk compatability on the forum, but I HATE it when I go to a website on my phone which then demands I install the tapatalk app every time I load the page. If the tapatalk addon is going to do that, then I don't want it.

In either case, it seems like it would make way more sense to just install a forum plugin or whatever that instead provides a mobile-friendly site layout when viewed on a mobile device.
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

i installed tapatalk app and have NEVER been prompted to do it again at any site that uses it.
            you tap the app and go to a site from the app screen.
            works great!

Comment

I have Opera mini installed on my phone which I use to browse this website all the time. Move the box to the area you wish to view, click, it's enlarged enough to fill the screen and properly formatted to fit my phone.
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I have chrome on my phone since that's androids default browser now. But to me there's just to much swiping and zooming compared a proper mobile theme or Tapatalk.
                It's like, you know, riding a moped is also "fine" until you've tried a motorcycle... After that the moped feels kinda awkward

Comment

Try Opera mini. It's a web browser designed for phones.The worst thing that can happen is you end up removing it.

By the way, I use boat browser on my tablet. Although it's just an ok browser, it's still better than Chrome.

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

or upgrade the site.....

Comment

The 2 main forums I'm on don't have tapatalk, but the other forums I go on once in awhile have it and I like it a lot.

I think it would be great to use tapatalk on here.

Comment

+1 on Tapatalk , would definitley donate
                        Originally posted by tkent02
                        That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
                        John 3:16

Comment

another +1 for Tapatalk - it really makes mobile and tablet browsing real smooth and pleasant. As GabrielGoes mentioned, I'd be happy to donate if that helps the cause - I think it's a free addition though, no?

Comment

I just love the tapatalk. I really would love if the GS forums could have it available. I've never been prompted over and over to use it at least on the kzrider forum at least. Works like a champ on the phone. Super easy search and no cumbersome zooming and moving like using in a browser on a phone. I Have used opera and now chrome on the android and it is a whole lot of work to use the traditional formatted forums. The GS resources is by far my favorite forum of all of them but I am always using the phone to search and read stuff while in the shop and it is difficult. The tapatalk makes it so simple to use. Def my vote for this feature if at all possible. I would donate again for this feature. If you've never used it try to check it out sometime on your phone and I think you will agree.

Comment

Bump! I know this is a zombie thread but I used the search function as to not start a new thread on this subject.

I belong to several forums which include gun and knife forums, music forums and now this one. I'm no stranger to this at all. I have made lot's of friends in the past 6 years. I have learned a lot already in my very brief time here so I thank you!

I have found Tapatalk to be a great way to access forums from my iPhone when I'm out and about. It's also great for instantly uploading photos straight from my phone. I can even do this without using the storage on my iPhone. It's such a great way to instantly share experiences right on the spot! No uploading pictures to a host server then copying and pasting.

I have been using it for quite some time now and it has been pretty damn good.

Where Tapatalk really shines is the ease of sharing pictures. I also prefer it's search function compared to the site search function.

This would be a great feature for the site. I would love to be able to snap a picture when I'm out on a ride and share it right then and there.

Comment

Working...
                              X