Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little title help from someone in Maine or Georgia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little title help from someone in Maine or Georgia...

I have two bikes with no titles, any chance someone will help me do the registration thing? One is an old XT 250, the other an even older TS 250. Niether one is worth enough to justify going through a title service, just beaters really.

One bike I know for sure is OK, not stolen or anything, as it had a a title when I bought it. The other I will check to make sure, I think it's ok but I only traded a brake drum for it so I'm not really positive.

Life is too short to ride an L.

I would be glad to help but bike has to be in my possession as the counties finest have to come to the house to run the VIN. Even then ya don't get a title, just a registration so you can tag it.
    Unless you know something I don't know?
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
      I would be glad to help but bike has to be in my possession as the counties finest have to come to the house to run the VIN. Even then ya don't get a title, just a registration so you can tag it.
      Unless you know something I don't know?
      Not having a title is fine, as Colorado law says that registration from your state is good enough. I have done this before, it was easy. But having to bring the bike to Georgia pretty much makes it a no go. This thing really isn't worth the price of shipping.

Thanks anyway.

Anyone from Maine?

Comment

Per some other thread I can't find right now, Tennessee is your best bet
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Vermont will do it by mail if its old enough. That's how I did my GS. Don't have to be a resident. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655441

Comment

Originally posted by ezmack View Post
            Vermont will do it by mail if its old enough. That's how I did my GS. Don't have to be a resident. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655441
            http://dmv.vermont.gov/help#VehicleRegistration

I did this myself. Full write up, instructions, and all the necessary forms can be found HERE.

Comment

Yes, I did this a little while ago on the XT250…

I'll probably do it again on the TS 250 when I find enough parts to get it going.

Comment

Working...
              X