Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River Road Aviator goggles

Anybody using these?
    Like the "old school" look and seeking feedback/reviews.

Thanks.

They don't fit and look stupid under my modern high tech helmet. Besides that, couldn't see Jack.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

what kind of helmet you'd use ?
      just looking out for your chin, brudda.
      'chicks' don't dig 'em. that's a myth
      Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
        what kind of helmet you'd use ?
        just looking out for your chin, brudda.
        'chicks' don't dig 'em. that's a myth
        Bell Custom 500 helmet.
        What!.................chicks don't dig 'em?????????

Comment

Like this one.....

Comment

Umm something to think about, though not so cool, good quality ski-goggles have the advantage that allows them to be put on over the helmet because they stick out further from your face...That style-Aviator goggles on that 3/4 helmet,you might have to put goggles on before your helmet...If you get what I mean, it's something to check.

it's hard to beat a faceshield on these helmets, but if you wanted to goto a beanie helmet, you might find those goggles more practical

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              Umm something to think about, though not so cool, good quality ski-goggles have the advantage that allows them to be put on over the helmet because they stick out further from your face...That style-Aviator goggles on that 3/4 helmet,you might have to put goggles on before your helmet...If you get what I mean, it's something to check.

it's hard to beat a faceshield on these helmets, but if you wanted to goto a beanie helmet, you might find those goggles more practical
              Also looking at these British made Halcyon Goggles, designed to be worn over helmet (strap treated with something to prevent slip/slide on the helmet)
              Looks like better quality over all.

Comment

Yes, better to pay for better ones. Your eyeballs are pretty important .
                I wore a very similar pair with the angles at the sides- English-made too, I think, in the 70's with 3/4 helmets. Mine were safety glass ....with no distortion at the periphery. Those look like plastic??... but I guess the stuff is much better nowadays.. ...the quality of the elastic in the strap is important long term too. I can't remember how well they were against fogging in rain. I do not remember ever losing them off the helmet when pulled up off my face.
                I remember you have to have a good thick bandanna tied and ready to pull up to your nose to try to stop rain and bugs from stinging too much at speed if you don't have a windscreen... The cotton bandanas I used didn't work awful well and it still hurts thinking about it.

Comment

Here is a picture of a pair of antique safety goggles I have on the shelf. IMO for riding, new designs may be better.

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                  80 gs1000s

Comment

haha-apart from the dead rubber elastic,any goggle that was good enough for a Spitfire pilot, would be good enough for me!

Comment

Open face helmet with goggles going on the outside is the only way that goggles work. One really does need to be able to pull them off if/when bugsplat or anything else make them nontransparant. Surely noone would use a full face helmet with a visor that does not open?

For rain/wind/bug/snow protection I've found that a standard issue shemagh works great.

Comment

i've heard good reviews of the halcyon goggs....def have that vintage look...
                        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Working...
                        X