New zx14R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New zx14R

Being a lifelong suzuki guy it was tough to decide between the Busa and 14 but a sweet deal came up on a new 13 zx14 and after a test spin on one last year there was a serious grin factor. The wife has her triumph triple and her old honda and I will keep my restomod 1100e.

Those 14's are bada$$, can't wait for Suzuki to come out with it's next generation motor to compete! The 1340 is getting a little long in the tooth!
    Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Tell the truth...you have already contacted Brock Performance.
      I see an Alien Head package in your future.
      Brock's Performance Ultra-Light Stainless exhaust systems for the Kawasaki ZX-14/R motorcycle offers maximized power gains while featuring an aggressive sound.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

So that is why the SOLD sign was on the bike........one way of keeping the show goers off the bike....

LOL

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Tell the truth...you have already contacted Brock Performance.
          I see an Alien Head package in your future.
          https://www.brocksperformance.com/ZX14R+C206.aspx
          Nah. 185 ponies will do. For this year anyway

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
            Nice bike. They do seem big in person. I'm sure they feel agile as soon as you start moving.

I have a friend at work who had an 06 he picked up used. Guy is very anal and would swear he could hear something when the bike was idling. We had about four knowledgeable bike folks standing around his bike and he would say "There it is can you hear that? No one could hear anything other than normal mechanical noises.

He sold it fearing it was going to fail after a month of ownership. He bought an 01 Bandit as a replacement which started burning oil shortly after he bought it.

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
            My buddy red has an 01 bandit that ran great till one start was smoking like a trooper. He did some research and says they were problematic that year. Live and learn.

Comment

Welcome to a brother ZX14 owner. Check out our forum, tons of ways to spend your money.

Mad

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
                Welcome to a brother ZX14 owner. Check out our forum, tons of ways to spend your money.

Mad
                Haven't even picked it up yet but new two brothers slip ons coming.

Comment

Not hard to get 200 horses out of her.
                  A drag bike ready for the strip. Does not corner well since it is so long.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'd like to have one once-in-a-while - just to terrorize the local dragstrip, plus to wind it up and see what 200mph looks like

Comment

Great move, you are loving it already, I'm sure.

1979 GS1000

Comment

She's home

Rode her home today. Beautiful day for a spin. Ripped off those ghastly mufflers as soon as it was home and installed a two brothers black slipons. They look great but a little poppy for me on deceleration. It accelerates smartly and rides real nice. I think I am gonna like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                          It accelerates smartly.
                          That's putting it mildly, isn't it?

From the March 2012 Cycle World:

"Everything else is officially slow."

And:

"Kawasaki makes no apologies. 'We want the 14R to be the fastest, hardest-accelerating production bike in the world.' Read any equivocation in that?"
                          Last edited by Rob S.; 04-11-2014, 08:48 PM.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            That's putting it mildly, isn't it?

From the March 2012 Cycle World:

"Everything else is officially slow."

And:

"Kawasaki makes no apologies. 'We want the 14R to be the fastest, hardest-accelerating production bike in the world.' Read any equivocation in that?"
                            Yea it does pull like a freight train. Have 50 miles on it now and can tell you it will pull the wheel going into third while hard on the gas

Comment

What an awesome bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X