96 wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 wing

My new bike.It needs to have the passenger seat sewn up.Has a car tire on the back.Steve will appreciate this. 96 wing.jpg (96.4 KB)
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Oh Nooooo!

Not a car tire thread!

Congrats.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

OK, some details, please.

Aspencade or SE?

Nice that it has minimal add-ons. One person's "tasteful" is the next person's "trashy".

What car tire? I have considered one (and need a new tire right now), but have not seen a proper size for the 1500.
      Brand, model and size, please.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Pictures first ...

Currently in the Stable :
        2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
        1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
        - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

25,000 miles and counting

I did it on my '96 in June of 2011.
          I will be at least removing it and looking at the splines and other stuff under there this year ... but at close 30K I am pleased with the performance delivered for longevity.

Handling is affected SOME , but once uses to it; it is a non-issue. Like when you first put on new rubber - the bike feels "weird" for a little while as you get accustomed to the new geometry.

175 - 75 works..I have heard some use a 185 too...
          Consider the 160 - 80 as standard. It will fit but you MAY need to move the inner fender wall UP and Forward 1/4" (use a zip tie).

My next tire will probably be back to a motorcycle tire...Avon Venoms or an EIII ... Just wanted to try it...It worked fine - I even scraped my pegs at the Dragons Tail in 2012 on the CT.
          Currently in the Stable :
          2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
          1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
          - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            OK, some details, please.

Aspencade or SE?

Nice that it has minimal add-ons. One person's "tasteful" is the next person's "trashy".

What car tire? I have considered one (and need a new tire right now), but have not seen a proper size for the 1500.
            Brand, model and size, please.

Looks like wingsconsin answered the ture question.It has 15000 miles on it and hardly looks worn.It is great on the highway.Leaning in curves and going around corners you can tell the squareness of the tire.It kind of squirms, not enough to handle badly, but does take some getting used to.But last wing rear tire I got installed cost about $350.I love the bike.Amazing how light they handle, when in reality it weighs 807 pounds.
            future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Working...
            X