girlfriends honda nighthawk 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

girlfriends honda nighthawk 250

Bought my girlfriend a small bike to learn on. ill be making it "prettier" for her as time goes by. First step was the new seat cover. Next will be a nice green tank and fairing. The idea is to give it that British racing green café racer vibe with out actually making it into one.

cleaned the carbs, adjusted valves, replacing front brake boot ( uses drum brakes).

I may do a front end swap with a Rebel 250 to get the disc brake but time will tell.

its a fun little bike and it could look good soon!

It looks great now.

Comment

I agree it does look pretty slick with the black and tan combo. If it does stay black and tan Il have to repaint the tank anyway. its got some deepish scratches that you cant see from this pic.

Comment

I like the fact it has standard position footpegs.
        It is also similar to the bikes they use at the local MSF course.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

those were the reason I was drawn to that bike for her. confidence Is key: I don't think she would ride if she was intimidated. She was very surprised by how easily she could stand with both feet on the ground and balance the bike. Don't have insurance on it yet( I want to go with Rider insurance but because I have a NY license I can't and the bikes in my name so she can't. I have to swap licenses or put her on the title .. etc etc) so I haven't been able to take her to a big parking lot to really work on things but she's got a grasp for the friction zone, she has shifted out of first which was exciting for her, and she knows what it feels like to stall and how to get the bike going again. Funny enough the stall was forced, she has yet to have an issue there. I just need to rain around here to clear up and we can get the show on the road. Ill have my GS up and running soon ( I hope!!)

Comment

She will take a MSF course won't she?
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Of course! Already registered and paid for the class. I'm just giving her a head start on the stuff that seemed to cost people points on the test.

MSF in Ohio is so cheap I might take it again with her. I paid ~$350 in NY.

Comment

Nice choice for learners bike

That little Honda is as reliable as a hammer.
                Ya practically can't kill it (even if you over-rev it)

Be prepared for her to outgrow it quickly. The 250 will get buzzy at highway speeds so take the backroads anywhere ya go.

Preach safety - caution - care and gear ! The skin you save may just be hers !

Be well
                Currently in the Stable :
                2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Working...
                X