PDA

View Full Version : Are there any ladies on here or what?

Lila :)
04-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Seems like there are only a few of us on here and I only rarely see other girls on bikes. Oh well, good morning ladies;)

mrbill5491
04-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Seems like there are only a few of us on here and I only rarely see other girls on bikes. Oh well, good morning ladies;)

Guess they are shy...

Allie
04-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Or at work. There are only a handful of us here, but we are a handful!

04-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Or at work. There are only a handful of us here, but we are a handful!
Hi Allie! Yes, I guess we are the few & the proud. If you include that JAG character that gets us up to maybe 5-6 strong? Oh, I should not have said that...sorry;)

JAG
04-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi Allie! Yes, I guess we are the few & the proud. If you include that JAG character that gets us up to maybe 5-6 strong? Oh, I should not have said that...sorry;)

Etiquette forces me to treat you with kid gloves :p

azr
04-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Well done!

04-03-2014, 06:34 PM

:o You had me from "etiquette" Jag! Well done, well done ;)

GSXR7ED
04-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Hey Lila,

When are we going riding? Wait...which state are you in? Wait, disregard...sorry about that...carry on with your question.

There are a few ladies here...JAG, MissFab, and Allie are pretty cool.

Ed

04-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Hey Lila,

When are we going riding? Wait...which state are you in? Wait, disregard...sorry about that...carry on with your question.

There are a few ladies here...JAG, MissFab, and Allie are pretty cool.

Ed

Hi Ed, I am in the armpit of Missouri, north west corner. Right now I am bikeless, sold my Kawi without ever even riding it. Got a little nest egg building for my next bike ;) Right now finishing my last month of college is taking top priority...then I'll find a new one and ride:D

Allie
04-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Cowboyup's daughter is doing a rebuild with her Dad's help, trying to think of any other current regulars.

SVSooke
04-03-2014, 11:24 PM
My wife comes on every once in a while.Haunts OT mostly.

GSXR7ED
04-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Hi Ed, I am in the armpit of Missouri, north west corner. Right now I am bikeless, sold my Kawi without ever even riding it. Got a little nest egg building for my next bike ;) Right now finishing my last month of college is taking top priority...then I'll find a new one and ride:D

Sorry to hear about your bike...I think I remember reading your thread about it.

I've lived in some small towns in America: Abilene, TX being a good example. I would consider Dover, DE another but it's in the Tri-State area and definitely closer to Big Sporting Venues.

Yep, your college is a priority so I can't knock you for that--it will make the anticipation of getting another bike (hopefully a GS) that much more exciting.

I'm driving back to DE in June but I don't believe Missouri is in my route. Wait, you're not getting a bike anytime soon. Sorry...keep forgetting about that.

Keep dumping money into your nest egg...you're missing all the fun!:cool:

Ed

annsdogs
04-06-2014, 07:11 PM
:cool: Hi there Allie
There are very few women that post here and I am just busy. I was able to ride my 2002 Suzuki Maurauder about 30mikes today. A sure sign of spring.

I ride with anohger female in the area and my husband and friends. I would love to organize a womens weekend ride somewhere, do you think it would go over?

Allie
04-06-2014, 08:14 PM
:cool: Hi there Allie
There are very few women that post here and I am just busy. I was able to ride my 2002 Suzuki Maurauder about 30mikes today. A sure sign of spring.

I ride with anohger female in the area and my husband and friends. I would love to organize a womens weekend ride somewhere, do you think it would go over?

That depends a lot on the area you live in. If you can find enough gals in proximity it sounds like a fun gig!

Good to see you on, yes a lot of us get busy. I'm busy but still able to shoot my mouth off here, mostly on weekends. :p

Barb
05-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Good morning from the beautiful south-west of Western Australia - I have only just rejoined the site after a few years away. I joined just after I bought a GS850 a few years ago, and have added to the collection, a 1980 GSX1100. Both bikes have sidecars attached and I spend quite a lot of time travelling in remote areas up hill and down dale, camping and generally going a little feral. I have always ridden a Ducati but recently sold my Monster900 to my son, so no solo at the moment.
Hope you all enjoy the ride and the day. I will post pictures of the type of things I get up to on my outfits soon..
Barbara

annsdogs
05-20-2014, 03:23 PM
:D its me grinning from ear to ear. The weather has finally warmed up and the maurauder is on the road. 2 rides in 2 weekends and bike nightbtomorrow night. Woot Woot

Chrkut
05-20-2014, 05:05 PM
I mostly look around on here. Just graduated, trying to find a job, and trying to find a new house for my parents so its a bit busy around here. Cycle is in storage but might just go and dig it out.

annsdogs
05-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Ok ladies tomorrow the goal is 360 miles in the beautiful weather

05-29-2014, 08:12 AM
I mostly look around on here. Just graduated, trying to find a job, and trying to find a new house for my parents so its a bit busy around here. Cycle is in storage but might just go and dig it out.

Congrats :dancing: I just graduated myself and I'm job hunting myself. Good luck with it :)

GSXR7ED
05-29-2014, 08:23 AM
^^Congrats to you Lila!

Ed

05-29-2014, 08:55 AM
^^Congrats to you Lila!

Ed

Thanks Ed I am happy it's over with! It's surprising what big doors can be pried open with paper :) I got an associates degree in dental technology right after high school and never worked in that field but this bachelors degree I will use. I'm done though, no masters in my future. Now it's time to find a bike & find a job:)

GSXR7ED
05-29-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks Ed I am happy it's over with! It's surprising what big doors can be pried open with paper :) I got an associates degree in dental technology right after high school and never worked in that field but this bachelors degree I will use. I'm done though, no masters in my future. Now it's time to find a bike & find a job:)

There you go! Being positive is gonna land a job in no time. It's a tough market but you've done something to separate yourself from the competition. That and timing and most of all Networking will get you a job very soon.

Definitely keep us posted on your bike search! That will come with time so we'll wait.

Ed

06-02-2014, 09:13 AM
There you go! Being positive is gonna land a job in no time. It's a tough market but you've done something to separate yourself from the competition. That and timing and most of all Networking will get you a job very soon.

Definitely keep us posted on your bike search! That will come with time so we'll wait.

Ed

Morning Ed:) I was going to update my posts in off-topic but they are gone now:confused: Where would they have gone LOL! I'd say it had maybe been 5-6 weeks since I had posted:o Thanks :)

GSXR7ED
06-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Morning Ed:) I was going to update my posts in off-topic but they are gone now:confused: Where would they have gone LOL! I'd say it had maybe been 5-6 weeks since I had posted:o Thanks :)

Good morning Lila,

I haven't a clue where those threads go. My "T Nation" picture thread disappeared too.

Have a good first week of June...my birthday month!

Ed

GateKeeper
06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
The answer to your question.......

What forums get purged There seems to be a bit of confusion as to what forums get regularly purged. Here is a list of forums that do get purged in order to save server disk space.

Off Topic Discussion forum
GS Discussion forum
GS Meetingplace
"Other" Questions forum
Ladies Only
Both Classifieds forums
Both For Sale forums
GS Owners
Polls
Letters to the Editors (threads are removed individually)

Remember, if you haven't logged into the forum in the last 180 days your forum account will be deleted!

06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
The answer to your question.......

Thanks Gatekeeper for the info;) Funny thing is my one of my first ever threads is in ladies only and it was 8 months ago and it's still here but my "provocative insights" on life in the storage unit business is sadly gone forever:(

Gramma Peppermint
06-02-2014, 12:04 PM
This is an old thread eh?
Peppermint Patti
AKA: Gramma is here!

GateKeeper
06-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks Gatekeeper for the info;) Funny thing is my one of my first ever threads is in ladies only and it was 8 months ago and it's still here but my "provocative insights" on life in the storage unit business is sadly gone forever:(

unfortunately I don't know the criteria the Admin here uses for the Purge.....

there are many things I don't know around here, the purge is just one of them ......

but I am glad I was able to shed some light on what might have been the cause of the missing posts...

earlfor
06-04-2014, 12:17 PM

Now that I think about it. That JAG IS a character. LMAO I think everything except tech sections get purged.

Dragonkarr
06-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Hey, I'm here too! :p

I know I'm not extremely active on the forum, most of the time I spend on here I'm reading up the technical sections...

I joined very recently, after buying my Sue. Found the forum while scavenging the Webs for info on my newly acquired ride :D

Gramma Peppermint
06-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Glad to know you are here Dragonkarr!

Allie
06-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Hey, I'm here too! :p

I know I'm not extremely active on the forum, most of the time I spend on here I'm reading up the technical sections...

I joined very recently, after buying my Sue. Found the forum while scavenging the Webs for info on my newly acquired ride :D

Welcome! I think I'm the most active 'lady' on this forum right now. Well no, come to think of it I think JAG has an even bigger mouth that I do. Never mind.

Anyway, welcome!

Steve
06-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Welcome! I think I'm the most active 'lady' on this forum right now. Well no, come to think of it I think JAG has an even bigger mouth that I do. Never mind.

Anyway, welcome!
Keep in mind that there is a difference between quantity and QUALITY. http://www.rav4world.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_thumbsup.gif

Would you pass me another muffin, please? http://members.dslextreme.com/users/cbsaunders/icons/eat.gif

GSXR7ED
06-05-2014, 01:32 PM
^^I second that...

I'd like a Muffin too.

Ed

Allie
06-05-2014, 02:03 PM
For two nice boys like yourselves, a whole batch!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy355/Aje1221/Post%20images/IMGP1561_zps2af39300.jpg (http://s807.photobucket.com/user/Aje1221/media/Post%20images/IMGP1561_zps2af39300.jpg.html)

GSXR7ED
06-05-2014, 04:18 PM
^^I might just come get one...or two...or three when I get to Delaware.

Ed

Allie
06-05-2014, 08:24 PM
^^I might just come get one...or two...or three when I get to Delaware.

Ed

All visiting GSers are given muffins. House rules.

GSXR7ED
06-05-2014, 09:27 PM

Coolness!

Thanks Allie.

Ed

Steve
06-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Already got mine. :D

Mid-July, three years ago. http://www.rav4world.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_thumbsup.gif

06-09-2014, 01:01 PM
This is an old thread eh?
Peppermint Patti
AKA: Gramma is here!

Gramma how have you been? Are you riding? I am still hunting for job & bike, not necessarily in that order ;)

Right now everyone is letting me know what bikes THEY suggest and I'm a little frustrated. I have my own "short" list for what I want, not looking for anymore ego driven men to tell me to get a HD Sporter LOL

Gramma Peppermint
06-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Lila,
Thank you for asking. I am doing as well .....(actually better)..... than any other mature lady in my situation could do. (Big Smile) I have been saved and blessed by God, and I know it.
Still helping others, in fact I have a woman who's staying with me now, who is (was) in an abusive relationship. I've known her 12 years, sweet girl, and can't turn my back on her.

Years ago I had another friend in the same situation. I went to her apartment after one of their horrible fights, and asked her if she, "Was sure that crazy SOB isn't going to throw you out this 14th story window?!?"
Three weeks later he DID!!! Of course she is watching from Heaven now... That's why I cannot turn this current girl away. I'm sure you understand...

I've been selling my jewelry under a 10 X 10 shade in the local town.... Smallest town you've ever seen. It's only about a block long!
Very hard work, setting up the shade and tables and jewelry.....for only making about 25 dollars a day!
No other choice. I planted a garden and I won't be able to afford the water to keep it alive, if I don't bring in some extra $$$. And the older you get the harder it is to do things!

Bikes.... I forgot, do you have you any experience at all driving them? Just asking before I can give my recommendation...
Thanks Lila, hope you are happy and healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSXR7ED
06-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Lila,
Thank you for asking. I am doing as well .....(actually better)..... than any other mature lady in my situation could do. (Big Smile) I have been saved and blessed by God, and I know it.
Still helping others, in fact I have a woman who's staying with me now, who is (was) in an abusive relationship. I've known her 12 years, sweet girl, and can't turn my back on her.

Years ago I had another friend in the same situation. I went to her apartment after one of their horrible fights, and asked her if she, "Was sure that crazy SOB isn't going to throw you out this 14th story window?!?"
Three weeks later he DID!!! Of course she is watching from Heaven now... That's why I cannot turn this current girl away. I'm sure you understand...

I've been selling my jewelry under a 10 X 10 shade in the local town.... Smallest town you've ever seen. It's only about a block long!
Very hard work, setting up the shade and tables and jewelry.....for only making about 25 dollars a day!
No other choice. I planted a garden and I won't be able to afford the water to keep it alive, if I don't bring in some extra $$$. And the older you get the harder it is to do things!

Bikes.... I forgot, do you have you any experience at all driving them? Just asking before I can give my recommendation...
Thanks Lila, hope you are happy and healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It disgusts me that there are men out there that do some stupid crap to women. The thing that gets me is being grouped with idiots like that. No wonder women are so hesitant when they meet a nice guy; they don't know what to do.

Sorry Gramma P, didn't mean to get all vocal over my feelings about stupid men.

It's great that you help those who don't see what type of relationship they are in...they must convince themselves they can do better. You're awesome!

Ed

four_shot
07-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Lila , Do you Mind my asking which bikes are on the short list?

sinkankan
10-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Barb, just noticed your post.
if you need any help with GS850 parts let me know, I might have a few bits and pieces left over from a rebuild of my GS850.
I'm in Atwell Perth.
cheers.

Gramma Peppermint
12-22-2014, 09:54 PM
What the heck ever happened to Lila? Does anyone know? Is she still posting? What a nice thread this was.
The question Lila asked, "Are there any ladies on here?"... is still THE question... Besides Allie, are there any other women (100% women:rolleyes:) here, that still post? Or have you naughty boys chased them all out?
NO FINGER POINTING PLEASE !!! Confessions, I think might be allowed....... Just thought I'd reactivate the Ladies Only section a little...

growler
12-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I post somewhat regularly. :)

Gramma Peppermint
12-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Hi Growler! I guess I missed your entry before. So sorry, and SO glad that you are here. It seems to me that we are somewhat loosing the feminine touch... For various reasons...
Please stay on-site. If the guys give you any trouble, just let Gramma know... I'll send out my night-time warriors... (Bad dreams for them!)
Please feel free to lean on Gramma... You are loved.

GSXR7ED
12-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi Growler! I guess I missed your entry before. So sorry, and SO glad that you are here. It seems to me that we are somewhat loosing the feminine touch... For various reasons...
Please stay on-site. If the guys give you any trouble, just let Gramma know... I'll send out my night-time warriors... (Bad dreams for them!)
Please feel free to lean on Gramma... You are loved.

I'm sure there are ladies who skim through this section and don't respond...among other types of viewers.

But you keep em' at Bay with your "Bad Dreams" Gramma P.

Ed

Gramma Peppermint
12-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Hey Red, you do know that it was said with humor don't you? Guess I'll have to brush up on my smiley faces.... :topsy_turvy:

GSXR7ED
12-24-2014, 01:41 PM
^^I've got a nickname now?

Need to add an "R" to my name and go as Red.

Yeah, it helps to put smiley faces in replies...sometimes I do (okay, maybe not that often) and sometimes I don't use them.

It is true though...we never know who's been viewing this section...unless you're an admin and monitor activity. :rolleyes:

Ed

Gramma Peppermint
12-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Did I blow it, by calling you by a "made in haste" nick name? It was a labor of love. :subdued::highly_amused::abnormal:...

GSXR7ED
12-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Did I blow it, by calling you by a "made in haste" nick name? It was a labor of love. :subdued::highly_amused::abnormal:...

I'm just happy you directed a comment towards me Gramma P!

After looking at my profile name, I could see where you disregard the 7 and call me Red (GSXR7ED):rolleyes:

Ed

Gramma Peppermint
12-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Gramma's eyes are not what they used to be... I don't think I've ever seen the 7 !!! My speed reading is not accurate. Sorry!
You seem like a likable guy. Why wouldn't I direct a nice comment towards you? You are loved, whether you want it or not!!! :o:o:cool:

GSXR7ED
12-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Gramma's eyes are not what they used to be... I don't think I've ever seen the 7 !!! My speed reading is not accurate. Sorry!
You seem like a likable guy. Why wouldn't I direct a nice comment towards you? You are loved, whether you want it or not!!! :o:o:cool:

Thanks Gramma P. I usually remember good interactions with GSR members. This is our first. See ya around!

Red

I mean Ed

Allie
12-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks Gramma P. I usually remember good interactions with GSR members. This is our first. See ya around!

Red

I mean Ed

Now I have a mental image of you that I'll never be able to shake.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy355/Aje1221/Post%20images/Rhode_Island_Red_zps026ac64c.jpg (http://s807.photobucket.com/user/Aje1221/media/Post%20images/Rhode_Island_Red_zps026ac64c.jpg.html)

GSXR7ED
12-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Now I have a mental image of you that I'll never be able to shake.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy355/Aje1221/Post%20images/Rhode_Island_Red_zps026ac64c.jpg (http://s807.photobucket.com/user/Aje1221/media/Post%20images/Rhode_Island_Red_zps026ac64c.jpg.html)

^^Who is this guy, Foghorn Leghorn's brother?

"I say, I say...I'll never understand women."

Foghorn Leghorn talkin' bout that lil Old Hen who likes him.

Thanks Allie! Be careful...I'm in Delaware and closer to your location in Jersey. Better get some Christmas Muffins ready!

Here's more Foghorn clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8TQZBHszI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCsiWL6gn0

Gramma Peppermint
12-24-2014, 11:08 PM
Does any one know whatever happened to Lila?

Allie
12-25-2014, 03:16 AM
Does any one know whatever happened to Lila?

Aside from the broken wrist, I don't know. I don't think she's been heard from in a couple of months.

Next question, whatever happened to Randolph Scott?

Gramma Peppermint
12-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks Allie. I'm wishing her a very Merry Christmas also..
Randolph... Isn't he pushing up daisies??

Allie
12-25-2014, 12:49 PM
^^Who is this guy, Foghorn Leghorn's brother?

"I say, I say...I'll never understand women."

Foghorn Leghorn talkin' bout that lil Old Hen who likes him.

Thanks Allie! Be careful...I'm in Delaware and closer to your location in Jersey. Better get some Christmas Muffins ready!

Here's more Foghorn clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8TQZBHszI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCsiWL6gn0

That's Foggy's old college 'chum'/nemesis, Rhode Island Red. Red shows up one day, announces "Heeeere's Reeeeeeed!!!" and proceeds to drive him up the wall with college style pranks.

GSXR7ED
12-25-2014, 12:58 PM
That's Foggy's old college 'chum'/nemesis, Rhode Island Red. Red shows up one day, announces "Heeeere's Reeeeeeed!!!" and proceeds to drive him up the wall with college style pranks.

OOOOHHHHHH!

Thanks for that...I get it now--I'm Red because Gramma P. accidently re-named me.

Also, because of the way I replied to Gramma P, "I usually remember conversations...but in your case, I'll make an exception." (I didn't say it quite like that but you get the gist)

My daughters bought me a Looney Tunes DVD so I can catch up on all the characters.

Ed

Gramma Peppermint
12-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Merry Christmas Allie and "Red", (I'll knock off that nickname, if it bothers you.) I sure have met some wonderful people on this site. It is a year-round present for me.
Someone in another thread mentioned that this forum is for Frank and his friends. I don't think that's true. He is not selfish. I met Frank, by just by being a member here. The same way I met the rest of this Family.
Just think of all the new friends that are made here daily. That's a miracle in itself... Christmas or not! Be Blessed. And know that "We are not alone"... (We have each other!)

GSXR7ED
12-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Merry Christmas Allie and "Red", (I'll knock off that nickname, if it bothers you.) I sure have met some wonderful people on this site. It is a year-round present for me.
Someone in another thread mentioned that this forum is for Frank and his friends. I don't think that's true. He is not selfish. I met Frank, by just by being a member here. The same way I met the rest of this Family.
Just think of all the new friends that are made here daily. That's a miracle in itself... Christmas or not! Be Blessed. And know that "We are not alone"... (We have each other!)

Merry Christmas Gramma P & Allie,

You can call me "Red" GP, it doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I'll add it to my signature.

Good friends are hard to find (cliche')--I'm just glad you think of me that way. (So awesome!)

Ed

Rob S.
12-25-2014, 01:50 PM

Two of my favorites Foghorn quotes:

"Ya gotta be a magician to keep a boy's attention more than a few seconds."

"Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency."

Allie
12-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Merry Christmas to both of you.

Whatever reason Frank has for continuing this forum, I doubt it's for his own personal enjoyment or gain. Thanks for continuing Frank!

If you want to see Red in action, I think the cartoon is called 'Raw Raw Rooster'. Coincidentally I got a Uke for Christmas, so now I can go around playing pranks on people like Red. I need a big fur coat though.

Brendan W
12-25-2014, 02:07 PM
http://www.artwallace.com/hens-and-cockerels

Shameless plug for my better half's work. Just had to share them. Everyone's life sems to be touched by chickens and roosters. Must be some deep level relationship or something. Enjoy the pics.

Allie
12-25-2014, 09:57 PM
http://www.artwallace.com/hens-and-cockerels

Shameless plug for my better half's work. Just had to share them. Everyone's life sems to be touched by chickens and roosters. Must be some deep level relationship or something. Enjoy the pics.

Wow, those are fantastic! Consider them fully enjoyed, I'd so buy one of those! 330 Euros, what's that like 5,000 USD?

Brendan W
12-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Wow, those are fantastic! Consider them fully enjoyed, I'd so buy one of those! 330 Euros, what's that like 5,000 USD?
Thank you.
Yeah she is a bit out of my league, always was. Still the odd one lays golden eggs so I'm told :)

GSXR7ED
12-26-2014, 12:46 PM

Not quite $5K Allie:rolleyes:, but those are nice pieces of art.

Chuck78
12-28-2014, 09:06 AM
My wife Reda was a GSR member (rrok220) when we met over 5 years ago, but since I started wrenching on her '77 gs550b with her, she hasn't frequented the forum enough (was always digging up technical info), & her account got deleted. She was the reason I got into GS's, as I would have probably been riding a CB750 now if it weren't for her trading her good running but heavy/ugly Honda SilverWing for a total basket case GS550 that is now a fine running good looking rat bike! "Rad Reda" is awesome. If any ladies ever go to a West Virginia or Red River Gorge Kentucky GS Meet-up/Rally, let me know, as she would feel more inclined to come if so. We go to West Virginia several times a year to ride & camp/hike/mountain bike/rock climb/white water raft.

Reda's bike, lowered 1.5" & shorter seat installed to make up for being 5'4" with short legs:
http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19581&stc=1&d=1369356367

GSXR7ED
12-28-2014, 10:04 AM
^^That's a "meaty" lookin' bike Chuck...the suspension in the back must be stiff; not much room to absorb what the road sends to the frame.

Of course, I like the color of the tank and the side covers (silver & black). As long as I can get a shine on the chrome, I won't be painting my front tire fender.

This bike also has a single disk up front and drums in the rear...apart from the spoke wheels and kick-start (8V engine/pods/bars/long pipe) she reminds me of my "T".

I'm glad you stuck with the GS and not the CB. Nice bike (if I forgot to mention it).

Ed

Allie
12-28-2014, 10:15 AM
My wife Reda was a GSR member (rrok220) when we met over 5 years ago, but since I started wrenching on her '77 gs550b with her, she hasn't frequented the forum enough (was always digging up technical info), & her account got deleted. She was the reason I got into GS's, as I would have probably been riding a CB750 now if it weren't for her trading her good running but heavy/ugly Honda SilverWing for a total basket case GS550 that is now a fine running good looking rat bike! "Rad Reda" is awesome. If any ladies ever go to a West Virginia or Red River Gorge Kentucky GS Meet-up/Rally, let me know, as she would feel more inclined to come if so. We go to West Virginia several times a year to ride & camp/hike/mountain bike/rock climb/white water raft.

Reda's bike, lowered 1.5" & shorter seat installed to make up for being 5'4" with short legs:
http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19581&stc=1&d=1369356367

That bike is so cool! Reda sounds pretty awesome too.

Chuck78
12-28-2014, 10:55 AM
The taillight is missing in that photo, as we just retrofitted that unknown model seat to it minutes before the photo. It now has some real sharp looking 2.5" polished stainless steel mini gauges that she is very pleased with. That rim that came on the rear is actually a 16" H-D style rim, but it is bent all to heck & spokes don't all want to turn, so I plan to lace in a 3.00x17 at some point.

Yes, the ride is in my opinion terribly harsh in the rear, but she doesn't complain. I was hoping to find some better shocks with around a 110lbs/in rate. Those were cheapo "lowering" shocks in 11.5" length for Yamaha XS's I believe. The rear fender is also lowered slightly to accommodate that seat, so it looks even lower. Still corners great with upgraded fork springs & Shinko 230 TouMaster tires, but I'm afraid to lean it too far down. Exhausts are OEM headers with a stub welded on at the proper angle to mount EMGO Dunstall style megaphones. The aggressive GS550 OEM cams really really sound AWESOME through those.

She is a bit of a speed demon, & although as is the bike is quite quick (pods/pipe/rejetted), I gathered all the parts necessary to do a 673cc top end swap with '89-97 Katana 600 carbs and a gs650 4-1. Have to try & adapt a single Dunstall muffler to the larger header then to continue to showcase the raspy tone of the 550 cams.

Gramma Peppermint
12-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Chuck, What a wonderful story! A wedding of family members!!! Let's celebrate it now; "Hip - Hip - Horray!!!"
I hope Reda pops in to say hello again. She does sound like a cool chick! I'm proud of her.
You are a very special guy also, to pamper her bike, (and her). You two are very lucky. May the Great Spirit be always with you!

Allie
12-28-2014, 12:08 PM
The taillight is missing in that photo, as we just retrofitted that unknown model seat to it minutes before the photo. It now has some real sharp looking 2.5" polished stainless steel mini gauges that she is very pleased with. That rim that came on the rear is actually a 16" H-D style rim, but it is bent all to heck & spokes don't all want to turn, so I plan to lace in a 3.00x17 at some point.

Yes, the ride is in my opinion terribly harsh in the rear, but she doesn't complain. I was hoping to find some better shocks with around a 110lbs/in rate. Those were cheapo "lowering" shocks in 11.5" length for Yamaha XS's I believe. The rear fender is also lowered slightly to accommodate that seat, so it looks even lower. Still corners great with upgraded fork springs & Shinko 230 TouMaster tires, but I'm afraid to lean it too far down. Exhausts are OEM headers with a stub welded on at the proper angle to mount EMGO Dunstall style megaphones. The aggressive GS550 OEM cams really really sound AWESOME through those.

She is a bit of a speed demon, & although as is the bike is quite quick (pods/pipe/rejetted), I gathered all the parts necessary to do a 673cc top end swap with '89-97 Katana 600 carbs and a gs650 4-1. Have to try & adapt a single Dunstall muffler to the larger header then to continue to showcase the raspy tone of the 550 cams.

Just a guess, but the stiff suspension might not have the same impact on someone who is 'volumetrically economical' as it would on some of us who, er, are not. Though it could end up being worse, I'm not sure how it works. At any rate, a compact person on that bike (with a, ah, heavy wrist) would be difficult to keep up with. Sounds like a lot of fun!

GSXR7ED
12-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Just a guess, but the stiff suspension might not have the same impact on someone who is 'volumetrically economical' as it would on some of us who, er, are not. Though it could end up being worse, I'm not sure how it works. At any rate, a compact person on that bike (with a, ah, heavy wrist) would be difficult to keep up with. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Uh...are you trying to say a"heavy-set" person Allie? :rolleyes:

You may be right...a conveniently petite person standing at 5'4" and weighing 120lbs (like my daughters) would probably not feel the same bumps as a 190lb rider like me. The important thing would be to have enough cushion/padding to prevent injury to the spine. If a rider puts weight on the foot pegs periodically, this will prevent some of those heartaches. I'm just glad both my seats ("L" & "T") have plenty of padding so that the impact isn't too unpleasant.

Ed

Allie
12-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Uh...are you trying to say a"heavy-set" person Allie? :rolleyes:

You may be right...a conveniently petite person standing at 5'4" and weighing 120lbs (like my daughters) would probably not feel the same bumps as a 190lb rider like me. The important thing would be to have enough cushion/padding to prevent injury to the spine. If a rider puts weight on the foot pegs periodically, this will prevent some of those heartaches. I'm just glad both my seats ("L" & "T") have plenty of padding so that the impact isn't too unpleasant.

Ed

Please, let us not say 'heavy set', more like 'dimensionally not insubstantial'. My seat has a good bit of padding, and so does the bike's seat. We still get a decent jolt every once in a while, suspension is a bit stiff. It was worse with the old shagged out shocks though, my guess is they bottomed out and gave a BIG jolt.

GSXR7ED
12-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Please, let us not say 'heavy set', more like 'dimensionally not insubstantial'. My seat has a good bit of padding, and so does the bike's seat. We still get a decent jolt every once in a while, suspension is a bit stiff. It was worse with the old shagged out shocks though, my guess is they bottomed out and gave a BIG jolt.

OMG, really? "Heavy Set" can be taken the wrong way? :topsy_turvy:

A long time ago, it was mean to say "fat" and now this? Please tell me you're: yanking my chain/shaking my tree/rattling my cage. :rolleyes:

From a health perspective, having enough padding in the seat cannot be over-stated...no matter how much a rider weighs.

Ed

Allie
12-28-2014, 10:02 PM
OMG, really? "Heavy Set" can be taken the wrong way? :topsy_turvy:

A long time ago, it was mean to say "fat" and now this? Please tell me you're: yanking my chain/shaking my tree/rattling my cage. :rolleyes:

From a health perspective, having enough padding in the seat cannot be over-stated...no matter how much a rider weighs.

Ed

I'm not 'yanking your chain', I'm merely 'exploring the aesthetic limits of euphemistic language for humorous effect'. Yeah, that's the ticket!

GSXR7ED
12-28-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm not 'yanking your chain', I'm merely 'exploring the aesthetic limits of euphemistic language for humorous effect'. Yeah, that's the ticket!

So, you're messing with me?

Ok, I get it. Glad I put to use those expression faces in my replies.

The important thing is, I learned from you.

Ed

Allie
12-29-2014, 01:41 AM
So, you're messing with me?

Ok, I get it. Glad I put to use those expression faces in my replies.

The important thing is, I learned from you.

Ed

Such strong language! I'm simply - okay, you got me. Yeah I'm pretty much clowning around :D

Gramma Peppermint
12-29-2014, 02:30 AM
I think I'm going to like this new forum. Already, the improvements are showing... Allie hasn't offered "filled" muffins in a week now...:o Maybe she won't have to lace the muffins at all anymore!

GSXR7ED
12-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Such strong language! I'm simply - okay, you got me. Yeah I'm pretty much clowning around :D

That's alright then. But you gave up real quick. :confused:

Thx Allie

I think I'm going to like this new forum. Already, the improvements are showing... Allie hasn't offered "filled" muffins in a week now...:o Maybe she won't have to lace the muffins at all anymore!

I would hate to show up for muffins and find out they were tainted! :eek:

Ed

Allie
12-29-2014, 10:40 AM
That's alright then. But you gave up real quick. :confused:

Thx Allie

I would hate to show up for muffins and find out they were tainted! :eek:

Ed

At 12:41 am I just wasn't feeling it.

GSXR7ED
12-29-2014, 12:32 PM
For two nice boys like yourselves, a whole batch!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy355/Aje1221/Post%20images/IMGP1561_zps2af39300.jpg (http://s807.photobucket.com/user/Aje1221/media/Post%20images/IMGP1561_zps2af39300.jpg.html)

At 12:41 am I just wasn't feeling it.

"Not feelin' it", huh?

Okay, let's get back on target with this thread. The other lady who hasn't joined us is Joanne (JAG) and one other lady but I think she got perma-ban.

Cheryl hasn't been on here either...can you think of anyone else?

Muffin break...those look delish Allie.

Ed

Allie
12-29-2014, 01:33 PM
"Not feelin' it", huh?

Okay, let's get back on target with this thread. The other lady who hasn't joined us is Joanne (JAG) and one other lady but I think she got perma-ban.

Cheryl hasn't been on here either...can you think of anyone else?

Muffin break...those look delish Allie.

Ed

JAG is gone, kaput. At least that persona. I think she got a time out and asked to have her account removed. Also not very ladylike. MissFab was posting for a while after a long hiatus then abruptly vanished again. She was a regular for a long time I think. Kinnet faded about the same time as her hubby TCK did, don't ask details... Haven't seen Cheryl in a while. I hope Lila gets up and running by spring time, after rehabbing her wrist.

storm 64
12-29-2014, 02:01 PM
I've talked to Cheryl about a month or so ago. She sold her motorcycle but she's doing okay. She's my riding buddy, I'm sure I'll hear from her in the spring for the Burn Foundation Ride in Baltimore/Annapolis or for are Lake Erie tour. It's always fun getting together with her.

GSXR7ED
12-29-2014, 02:04 PM
JAG is gone, kaput. At least that persona. I think she got a time out and asked to have her account removed. Also not very ladylike. MissFab was posting for a while after a long hiatus then abruptly vanished again. She was a regular for a long time I think. Kinnet faded about the same time as her hubby TCK did, don't ask details... Haven't seen Cheryl in a while. I hope Lila gets up and running by spring time, after rehabbing her wrist.

Awwww, I liked Joanne...JAG was nice to me. She was cleaning up her bike's Airbox (amongst other things) and started a thread:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?228361-1979-GS750E-Rebuild&p=2137355#post2137355

I see her username is un-highlighted and hyperlink is gone. :( Her thread will probably be deleted soon.

Not much interaction with MissFab I had...I remember some nasty things going on with her; JAG was also being mistreated. It's too bad things are they way they are but not all the ladies have fled.

TCK is gone too, huh? I vaguely remember him but again...there was some nasty things going on. I don't recognize Kinnet and had no interactions with her.

Cheryl is around...probably taking the holidays off and staying busy with her little family.

Well, let's hope the New Year produces more new members to this section.

(Deathcab - The New Year)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MwhxdGAnic

Ed

Chuck78
12-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Darn, hate to hear of so many no longer being around for lack of bikes or other reasons. JAG got bashed a lot for her politically correct and progressive thinking/egalitarian stance & attitude, which is very unfortunate & just shows how far we have to come yet as a society, as a country, as the human race. This led to a lot of serious disputes about racism/sexism/homophobia/military/government/politics. I would always try to have her back, but it's far too easy to get sick of seeing the level of idiocy & ignorance of many grown up adult men come out in full force in that forum. I like to think of GSR as a fairly logical, educated, intelligent, & mature bunch of folks, & hanging around the OT forum where JAG, Harrop, & others frequent really put a damper on my spirits to say the least.

Hopefully the new year will bring more ladies & open minded individuals. My wife actually is a volunteer coordinator at the local nonprofit bicycle cooperative, specifically in charge of women's & trans night, where no men are even allowed in the shop, & women can learn how to repair their own bicycles with the assistance of other patrons & volunteers. Sometimes it takes this sort of "safe" comforting environment to get ladies to feel comfortable in male machismo dominated areas. Unfortunate.

Best of luck to everyone in the new year, be safe, & get out & enjoy being outdoors & on 2 wheels!

Allie
12-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Awwww, I liked Joanne...JAG was nice to me. She was cleaning up her bike's Airbox (amongst other things) and started a thread:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?228361-1979-GS750E-Rebuild&p=2137355#post2137355

I see her username is un-highlighted and hyperlink is gone. :( Her thread will probably be deleted soon.

Not much interaction with MissFab I had...I remember some nasty things going on with her; JAG was also being mistreated. It's too bad things are they way they are but not all the ladies have fled.

Ed

Without a doubt JAG got mistreated more than once on this site, by people who are still with us. Still, not exactly ladylike. Just sayin'.

Chuck78
12-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Without a doubt JAG got mistreated,... Still, not exactly ladylike. Just sayin'.

What can one expect when so many men she was carrying on dialogue/debate with were soooooo far from gentleman-like??? There was a legendary human rights leader who is well know for his attitude on working on achieving equal rights for all "By any means necessary." When dealing with people who are so far from caring at all about equal rights & the eradication of sex/race/gender/religious discrimination, it often takes drastic measures to get things steering in the proper direction. Sad but true.

GSXR7ED
12-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Without a doubt JAG got mistreated more than once on this site, by people who are still with us. Still, not exactly ladylike. Just sayin'.

I apologize for dredging up the past. No intentions of derailing this thread with opinions regarding any past members.

Ed

Gramma Peppermint
12-29-2014, 03:15 PM
We didn't have a special topic forum for things Jag seemed to be interested in....
She told me once that she had "friends" join this site, to help her with the bullying.... I wonder who they are?

Allie
12-29-2014, 03:30 PM
What can one expect when so many men she was carrying on dialogue/debate with were soooooo far from gentleman-like??? There was a legendary human rights leader who is well know for his attitude on working on achieving equal rights for all "By any means necessary." When dealing with people who are so far from caring at all about equal rights & the eradication of sex/race/gender/religious discrimination, it often takes drastic measures to get things steering in the proper direction. Sad but true.

Look, if you want to get into a whole big thing about it we should probably go elsewhere, but in all honesty JAG hit this place with all guns blazing and got an enormous kickback right in the face from it, not entirely undeserved. As I pretty much said, yeah many of the subsequent responses were not only ungentlemanly, but downright unhumanbeingly. That's the last I'll say on the subject in this thread, thank you.

Chuck78
12-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Sorry to raise your eyebrows a bit there Allie. I wasn't trying to alienate anyone in this thread.

We didn't have a special topic forum for things Jag seemed to be interested in....
She told me once that she had "friends" join this site, to help her with the bullying.... I wonder who they are?

Not I. I just always try & stand up for what's right, & work towards social justice. Sexism/racism/homophobia/etc deserves to be combated with all guns blazing.

Gramma Peppermint
12-29-2014, 04:37 PM
God Bless America. I tried to stick up for her, as well as many others... Sometimes you just have to throw in the towel.
You're right Allie...'nuff said!

Allie
12-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Sorry to raise your eyebrows a bit there Allie. I wasn't trying to alienate anyone in this thread.

You're certainly not alienating anyone, it's just that this isn't the thread to get into this on, and it was a mistake for me to mention it in the first place. It's history, and doesn't need to be dug up again.

Not I. I just always try & stand up for what's right, & work towards social justice. Sexism/racism/homophobia/etc deserves to be combated with all guns blazing.

I agree with standing up for what is right, and have defended JAG where I've found it possible to do so. Again, if you want to pursue it we can do so in another place.

Gramma Peppermint
12-29-2014, 08:05 PM
So, Allie... How are we going to drum up some more Ladies? (They can bake their own muffins.) What if we had some beefy, sweet, mannerly man meat?

tatu
12-29-2014, 08:38 PM
So, Allie... How are we going to drum up some more Ladies? (They can bake their own muffins.) What if we had some beefy, sweet, mannerly man meat?

?? It's enough to make a sailor blush!!

Gramma Peppermint
12-29-2014, 08:52 PM
You know... meaty conversation with gentleman... :love-struck::-\\\:friendly_wink:

tatu
12-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Of course, what else would it'v meant.

Gramma Peppermint
12-29-2014, 09:45 PM
OK... I didn't understand how you took that! Sorry, by meaty I meant a muscular build. You kids have a naughty mind sometimes. See how easily I/you fell into that? I did not mean it in a 'dirty' sense, really.

GSXR7ED
12-29-2014, 09:54 PM

^^That's a "meaty" lookin' bike Chuck...the suspension in the back must be stiff; not much room to absorb what the road sends to the frame.

Of course, I like the color of the tank and the side covers (silver & black). As long as I can get a shine on the chrome, I won't be painting my front tire fender.

This bike also has a single disk up front and drums in the rear...apart from the spoke wheels and kick-start (8V engine/pods/bars/long pipe) she reminds me of my "T".

I'm glad you stuck with the GS and not the CB. Nice bike (if I forgot to mention it).

Ed

OK... I didn't understand how you took that! Sorry, by meaty I meant a muscular build. You kids have a naughty mind sometimes. See how easily I/you fell into that? I did not mean it in a 'dirty' sense, really.

You know, I used that phrase in this thread and meant it to mean: stocky/stout/husky.

But when it is used in the context such as what Gramma P suggested....well, I'm just gonna stay away from that insinuation.

Ed

Mrs Sooke
12-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Yes I am here, I just go onto this forum. I am always on the off topics.

Gramma Peppermint
12-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Glad you are here Mrs. Sooke! Hope Mr. Sooke is keeping you a happy woman. He must be if you're posting !!! Thanks Mr. S...
Red, get your head out of the gutter :redface-new:... I really meant meaty on the arms and chest. HONEST! (...I'm just not into skinny guys, I guess...)

GSXR7ED
12-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Red, get your head out of the gutter :redface-new:... I really meant meaty on the arms and chest. HONEST! (...I'm just not into skinny guys, I guess...)

Hey Now! :-s

Gramma P, who's the one who said "meaty" in the context you used? :p

Twas' not me! I explained what I meant...you on the other hand, are getting defensive and that can only mean one thing: you are hiding something. :rolleyes:

And for the love of all that is meant to stay to oneself, please don't broadcast what kinda guys you like!!! :):):)

Ed - "Red"

Gramma Peppermint
12-30-2014, 12:38 AM
Red, You are now suspect. Why do you send me such nice pm's, then try to bait me on this forum?
You are assuming... What?
I am about to use my ignore button for the first time. Please do not pm me anymore. I do not like false niceties.
And, why are you hanging around Ladies Only? Allie stopped pm-ing you for some reason. I think I will follow her lead.

Allie
12-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Well sheesh, maybe we ought to go back to talking about JAG, this is going in a whole weird direction. Who says I stopped PMing Ed? I never started PMing Ed in the first place. Not groovy...

Gramma Peppermint
12-30-2014, 02:07 AM
Sorry Allie, Red told me in a pm, that he sent you his email also (in case any of us leave the forum)...says he want's to stay in touch, in case one of the 3 of us leaves the forum.. I'm not falling for that one either. He said you didn't seem to want to correspond...or something like that. Again, sorry for any confusion. I thought this threads was about where the ladies went, or are. ( I was just joking about increasing ladies' membership,and perhaps didn't say it the way other's expected.) I hope all these misunderstandings don't go this far in the future, after the !st of the year.. I shouldn't have to apologize more than once. 'Ya think?

Allie
12-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Errr okay, I think I get it. This forum ain't getting shed of me any time soon so pms will work just fine even if I don't always get to them the same day. As for the rest of it I may never make sense of it so I'm not even going to try. Don't worry Gramma, we're good.

Good to see Mrs. Sooke of course. Not all the ladies blab as much as Allie and Patti!

GSXR7ED
12-30-2014, 04:34 AM
Wait, what just happened here?

I'm not baiting you Gramma P. It seems like the more I try to explain, (and have a funny side to a comment made) the more it keeps turning into a bad direction. This pretty much means I gotta stop at this junction.

Ed

Brendan W
12-30-2014, 06:43 AM
And Lo it came to pass that the keyboardites and tabletites came out of the desert after the Babel fiasco with more misunderstandings than grains of sand in the land. The Prophet said you guys better invent etiquette or Armageddon is going to arrive ahead of schedule. And so it was that they banned religious and political discussion in polite society and invented Mr and Ms and could only use first names after 500 posts. They entered the Promised Land and spoke of the weather and technical topics.:sleeping:

JEEPRUSTY
12-30-2014, 08:57 AM
Yeah Brendan keep it going I love it.

tatu
12-30-2014, 09:02 AM

I know that, I was just pulling your leg. :)

Gramma Peppermint
12-30-2014, 11:48 AM
OK... Leg pulled.... I get it...finally.
As this is my second home, I guess I take it too seriously at times. (No one else is guilty of this...huh?) NOTICE; Leg-pulling.... on my part.
Glad the word forgiveness is still in my vocabulary. I hope that word is still in all our vocabularies. Somehow, I think it is.
Maybe we ALL have surprises headed our way...

mrbill5491
12-30-2014, 01:45 PM
What an odd thread, I've been busy the last few days, sooo just gonna leave it alone eh. Lol.

Mrs Sooke
01-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Glad you are here Mrs. Sooke! Hope Mr. Sooke is keeping you a happy woman. He must be if you're posting !!! Thanks Mr. S...
Red, get your head out of the gutter :redface-new:... I really meant meaty on the arms and chest. HONEST! (...I'm just not into skinny guys, I guess...)Yes Mr S is keeping me very happy. I like posting on this website but most often I go in the off topic. As you can probably tell I love purple every thing, that is the only time Mr S and I have problems. I have so much to do with purple that he hates it now. I suggested earlier today that we get a purple Christmas Tree for next year and he totally lost it. Other then that he is a wonderful man and we love each other very much. Must say that he called me chicken went I wasn`t willing to try a new purple hair dye on my hair, tried it a couple of days later and really love it. Now that is the only color I will use, guess he shouldn`t have called me chicken. Just one more thing I can wear that`s purple. When I am not on here I am playing games on my computer!

Gramma Peppermint
01-04-2015, 07:27 PM
I got a good laugh out of that one! I also am a purple lover. (I made this up...) .........."IF IT'S PRETTY IN PINK, THEN IT'S PERFECT IN PURPLE"..........
So nice to see you posting. Please stay with us for the present rendition of "Off Topic". Most often, that's where I hang out also. :cool:

Allie
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
I got a good laugh out of that one! I also am a purple lover. (I made this up...) .........."IF IT'S PRETTY IN PINK, THEN IT'S PERFECT IN PURPLE"..........
So nice to see you posting. Please stay with us for the present rendition of "Off Topic". Most often, that's where I hang out also. :cool:

Hey that's really good! I'm going to remember that one. Yellow is my favorite but purple is up there. It's so..... purple.

Allie
01-04-2015, 07:40 PM
By the way they do make purple duct tape, just in case you didn't know. Mr. Sooke will be sure and appreciate that I told you that. I guess you probably knew it though.

Gramma Peppermint
01-04-2015, 07:46 PM
... and spark plug wires!!! Mr. Sookie will be thrilled about that... My spark plug wires are pink... :o

Allie
01-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Ohhh yeah and since chainsaws are being discussed these days, be sure and find a mid 90s Poulan chainsaw, they were splashed with lots of purple paint. In fact almost everything in the mid 90s got splashed with purple paint.

Gramma Peppermint
01-04-2015, 08:04 PM
My motorcycle custom paint job is splashed with purple paint !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The artist took it upon himself to do it... I've gotten used to it, but didn't like it at all at first! He was a little miffed... :mad:

SVSooke
01-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Not to worry Allie she found the purple duct tape already:eek:There are just times it all becomes a bit much with the purple,the idea of a purple tree was just to much so yeah I lost it.I take most of it in stride but there are times I HAVE to say no way.

Mrs Sooke
01-05-2015, 08:03 PM
So nice to see you posting. Please stay with us for the present rendition of "Off Topic". Most often, that's where I hang out also. :cool: ​I am so glad that you got a good laugh from my post. You definitely sound like my kind of person. I have to admit that I still try to bring him around to my kind of thinking when it comes to my color, but not having much luck. His favorite color is red, he would have really liked me when I was little due to then the color had to be red!:tongue: I wish that I could own my own motor cycle, but can`t. I am on disability and they have told me that if I operate a motor cycle myself I will lose the disability.:frown: I have found a place that will make my leather riding gear, hubby already knows it is going to be purple!

Mrs Sooke
01-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Not to worry Allie she found the purple duct tape already:eek:There are just times it all become a bit much with the purple,the idea of a purple tree was just to much so yeah I lost it.I take most of it in stride but there are times I HAVE to say no way.
Yes I will admit that the purple sometimes does get on his nerves, but when we got married he did say for better or worse! Even though he can sometimes says no to purple items I still love him. Wish he would remember that when he is saying no!

Gramma Peppermint
01-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Just for fun, you can always look up the meaning of colors.... I've been using color healing for decades, along with natural gemstones, herbs, oils, etc., (especially prayer!... and the MIND.)
Some people say I'm far out. I say they are right and, "I'm staying that way because I can see more from out there"...

Here's a little info:
Red - fire/deep love; (action)
Purple - spirituality; (higher thinking)
Yellow - energy; (sun)
Green - growth; (heart)
Pink - love; (humanitarian + )
Blue - peace (sky)

There are many interpretations, that I have studied most of my adult life... But, if you keep to the basics above, you can use it in everyday life. For instance: Waiting rooms are painted blue, to relax people; McDonald's uses orange and yellow, because those colors make you want to eat; I like to drink out of green glass or cup for my heart (what if?); and so on........ I'm sure you get it. :unconscious::redface-new::cool:

mrbill5491
01-06-2015, 02:51 PM
​I am so glad that you got a good laugh from my post. You definitely sound like my kind of person. I have to admit that I still try to bring him around to my kind of thinking when it comes to my color, but not having much luck. His favorite color is red, he would have really liked me when I was little due to then the color had to be red!:tongue: I wish that I could own my own motor cycle, but can`t. I am on disability and they have told me that if I operate a motor cycle myself I will lose the disability.:frown: I have found a place that will make my leather riding gear, hubby already knows it is going to be purple!

I rode for years when I was on SS Disability, just didn't have the bike registered in my name, that way they couldn't track it. Matter of fact I know several folks who are on disability and ride. Ain't gonna let a government hack tell me I can't ride! lol

Gramma Peppermint
01-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Mrs. Sooke: Being disabled has certainly limited my riding time... But, just knowing I can go for a short ride, is very healing (at least for my brain). I wish it were possible for you also.
I apologize for feeling somewhat 'puffed up' about the fact that we might just be a little more free. I am guilty, but, not ashamed.

kaufen
01-26-2017, 06:10 AM
Yes I am here, I just go onto this forum. I am always on the off topics.

doankhuong92
02-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Motorcycle custom paint my job was filled with purple paint!
The artists took it upon themselves to do it.

Gramma Peppermint
02-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Lila, Honey, Are you still around?
Somehow I missed this! It's been tooooo long... How is life treating you?

ZombiePotatoSalad
11-05-2019, 01:08 AM
Just for fun, you can always look up the meaning of colors.... I've been using color healing for decades, along with natural gemstones, herbs, oils, etc., (especially prayer!... and the MIND.)
Some people say I'm far out. I say they are right and, "I'm staying that way because I can see more from out there"...

Here's a little info:
Red - fire/deep love; (action)
Purple - spirituality; (higher thinking)
Yellow - energy; (sun)
Green - growth; (heart)
Pink - love; (humanitarian + )
Blue - peace (sky)

There are many interpretations, that I have studied most of my adult life... But, if you keep to the basics above, you can use it in everyday life. For instance: Waiting rooms are painted blue, to relax people; McDonald's uses orange and yellow, because those colors make you want to eat; I like to drink out of green glass or cup for my heart (what if?); and so on........ I'm sure you get it. :unconscious::redface-new::cool:

I remember reading about that! I thought it was particularly interesting. I am autistic, and as such, I am a font of superfluous information.
My GS550 is painted red, and I certainly heeded a call to action when I saw it. I was looking on Craigslist at motorcycles before I had to leave for the job I had at the time, so I could see exactly how many thousands of dollars I would have to save. I saw this post about a "Suzuki," posted 43 minutes before I started looking, for $200! Not only that, but it was right off the trail I took on my bicycle to get to work, and a mile from where I lived... all on the day before I was going to take the MSF course. This was a sign from the universe, and I couldn't pass it up. So I bought it. That was in July, I believe. Still working on getting it to reliably run, but it does run.