1979 honda cb750 k 10yr anniversary limited edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 honda cb750 k 10yr anniversary limited edition

I curently own a 1983 gs 650 gl .. however my bike mechanic has a 1979 cb 750 sitting there . Runs great sounds good , new tires and valves were just done on it !!
    Does anyone know any good or bad issues with these bikes ? And will I notice a great deal of horse power differance between the 2 bikes ?
    He wanted $2200 for the bike but is willing to give to me for $1200

I had one along time ago , I liked it , I had zero problems , it was a great bike , fast , I changed bars so they were lower, hope this helps, 1200 $ if it is in good shape well worth .

Comment

They both share the same cylinder bore of 62mm and the Honda gains 6.2mm in stroke. The Honda weighs as much as a GS850 (564wet) and has 4 more HP 500rpm lower than the 650 @9,000.
      Besides the chain drive and a more comfortable seating position, they should be close to the same with the 650 (527wet) being a little faster.

Comment

So you dont think the honda is realy any better then the suzuki ? Myself I feel like im too big on the 650 and when sitting on the honda 750 it did feel quite abit bigger and yes heavier ...
        But I will agree my 650 has pretty good jump and goes pretty good !!
        However on that note my suzuki has almost 90 000 km on it now and theres a small head gasket leak . Im beginning to hear some raddles within the engine , which kinda sux cuzz I have enjoyed the bike .and just purchased all new intake carb boots for the bike . New front and rear tire , new spark plugs and caps . Oil filter and oil . New valve gasket and valve adjustment in the last month !! Oh and last weekend did the fork seals .....love my little gs hahaha
        But this honda I can pick up for $1200 and the motor sounds strong ...

Comment

I dont have a ton of money to spend and dont know what id doo if my bike died tomorrow and I had nothing to ride !!! Lol

Comment

By any chance is it this bike?
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              I hope not. But I'm scared it might be...... Lol. They only made 5000 of them. Creepy how we both currently own 650gl's right now too. Only difference is mine is a '82 and his is an '83

Where exactly in Ontario are you from Irgguy??? And who is your mechanic?

Comment

I have had that bike your looking at, nothing wrong with the model and plenty of parts to be had. Big & heavy, not nearly as nimble as your current bike.

Comment

Im in mississauga !! And the bike looks identical to that except it has some vespa front fairing with stereo and speakers . Has two hard case luggage trunks on both sides painted the exact colour and the luggage rack on the back and a back rest for the passenger ...same bike but differant lol

Comment

Yeah the bike is a tank !! Im 250 lbs and my gs650 feels like im on a bicycle .. so I have been told there isnt much differance between the gs 650 & the cb 750 .. but the cb is bigger !! Tried to upload a pic but it wont let me keep getting an error

Comment

Originally posted by lrgguy View Post
                      Im in mississauga !! And the bike looks identical to that except it has some vespa front fairing with stereo and speakers . Has two hard case luggage trunks on both sides painted the exact colour and the luggage rack on the back and a back rest for the passenger ...same bike but differant lol
                      Good. Because I'm hoping to get mine for next to free (just gotta build some stuff for him). So if he sells it out from under me I'd be a little disappointed.

Comment

Well id suggest you get over there and get the job done !! Lol cuzz you know how it goes first come first serve ... hahaha

Comment

This is the bike ..

Comment

Working...
                          X