Clear All

1966 Honda S65 $1,000

Not mine. Ready to ride.

In Northern, KY

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/4378406520.html

Wow! Nice lookin' bike.

It's as old as me.

Ed
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-14-2014, 10:46 AM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

That's a decent price for one that nice. I watched an S65 sell at the auction at Barber last Oct for $450. Not that nice, no title, and no engine internals.

Comment

Kelly and NADA both value it significantly higher. It should sell very quickly at that price.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Very nice.
          At $4 a gallon it might get a lot of use
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            Kelly and NADA both value it significantly higher. It should sell very quickly at that price.
            You make a lot of comments based on the blue book references, means nothing with these old bikes

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
              You make a lot of comments based on the blue book references, means nothing with these old bikes
              I agree. Sales of these old bikes are based largely on emotion.

Comment

You're not alone in that sentiment. I would disagree with the word "nothing" in your statement, though.

Insurance and other business realities aside, would you buy a model you were unfamiliar with without first checking the Kelly and NADA figures? That doesn't seem wise.

I know emotions play a large role in these circumstances, but if something were worth $10,000 to you, and you could buy it for considerably less, wouldn't you want to?

The more research you do, the more knowledge you have, the better off you are. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  You're not alone in that sentiment. I would disagree with the word "nothing" in your statement, though.

Insurance and other business realities aside, would you buy a model you were unfamiliar with without first checking the Kelly and NADA figures? That doesn't seem wise.

I know emotions play a large role in these circumstances, but if something were worth $10,000 to you, and you could buy it for considerably less, wouldn't you want to?

The more research you do, the more knowledge you have, the better off you are. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                  It's worth nothing, nada (no pun intended), zilch. I bought an 82' 650E just last week. For fun I just looked. Good condition trade-in is $650, retail in excellent shape $1020. Can you explain how knowing that information could possibly have helped in buying the bike? Too many factors to consider with these old dinosaurs...

Comment

It's worth nothing, nada (no pun intended), zilch. I bought an 82' 650E just last week. For fun I just looked. Good condition trade-in is $650, retail in excellent shape $1020. Can you explain how knowing that information could possibly have helped in buying the bike? Too many factors to consider with these old dinosaurs...
                    You didn't mention the asking or advertised price, nor what you paid for it. I have tried explaining.

To each his own. No hard feelings.

Comment

Kelly and Nada mean nothing to us; but that does not mean they mean nothing to anyone and everyone who might be part of the market for the particular bike. Inexperienced purchasers affect the final sale price of a bike as much as experienced ones do, perhaps more. It is never a bad idea to try to get as much feel as you can for where your competition might be coming from.
                      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                        Kelly and Nada mean nothing to us; but that does not mean they mean nothing to anyone and everyone who might be part of the market for the particular bike. Inexperienced purchasers affect the final sale price of a bike as much as experienced ones do, perhaps more. It is never a bad idea to try to get as much feel as you can for where your competition might be coming from.
                        Well put. (Thank you.)

Comment

going by a book value on these old bikes will do one of two things....
                          either the book will make you miss out on an awesome deal or cause you to get a turd shoved up your arse..
                          that is my professional opinion and i am sticking to it~~~>

Comment

Working...
                          X