1994 Honda CB1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 Honda CB1000

Nice looking Honda CB1000, has 49,000 miles and he is asking $3200 for it. What'cha think?

sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

They are great bikes and highly sought after, his price is just about right from the market I've seen, maybe a tad high. Only sold over here two years, so there aren't many of them around. Knicknamed "The Big One", and have their associated websites, just like this one. I'd like to have one in my collection one day!
    Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

It looks an awful lot like one of these which can be had for about a grand less with less than half that mileage and has an additional 130 or so cc's...

Comment

I don't think they look that similar. The CB is much finer boned, much better in details and finesse.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          much better in details and finesse.
          That Honda header looks like azz compared to the Suzuki pipes.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

i was disappointed with the one i rode. It required that I hold some opposite lock on it to keep it from falling into the turn. I like a more neutral feel. It didn't have the best rear tire, so that may have been part of it. Lots of Hondas tend to feel like that to me though. Neat looking, the tank reminds me a bit of a CBX.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              That Honda header looks like azz compared to the Suzuki pipes.
              Apples to orangecrates: That's an aftermarket system. The factory Honda system is quite tidy and tight.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Here's a decent one, check out the mileage:

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                  Here's a decent one, check out the mileage:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/4432864968.html
                  No doubt its nice looking. I like the tall cylinder block. One of the things Honda did was detune the Hurricane motor and made it not all that fast in its day. Then they wondered why nobody bought it. The 919 is a nice alternative, too.
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                  X