Connie 1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connie 1400

Other that being heavy and very powerful, what is the feedback on the Connie 14?
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

There are 2 versions of the C14, in 08 and 09 they came with either ABS or non-ABS options. In 2010 Kawasaki listened to the owners and did some revisions to the bike. the mirrors were raised for better visibility, heated grips came standard, ABS and traction control were also added as a standard feature. One thing that is a cause of concern with some is that they went for a linked braking system, when the rear brake is applied one of the front brakes discs is activated as well. I've ridden mine for 14,000 miles and haven't had any concerns with the linked brakes. The engine is based on the ZX14 but has VVT that adds some nice midrange power. The paralever shaft drive is unbelievably smooth and bulletproof. 600+ mile days are a piece of cake. All of them are nice bikes, but if you can hold out for a 2010 and newer, that would be your best bet!
    IBA# 12860
    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
    1984 KZ1100R
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Not really looking but there is an 08 for sale locally, 5500 miles on it for $6000. Seemed like a lot of bike for the money.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

It doesn't seem too bad of a price to me, but then they seem to go for more than that, around here. The local dealer wanted to sell me one for more than that with 25k on it....

1979 GS1000

Comment

I would like to try one, someday. I sure hated my Concours 1000, but the C14 is a whole nother deal.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

One of the guys at work got one of the first ones that came out, he has north of 30k on it now and other than some minor issues he loves it

I have tried it and it is heavy at low speeds but once rolling it is easy to ride, can be hustled around bends and his has a power commander, pipe and some other stuff for 170 Bhp so it flies

Comment

Working...
            X