New member intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member intro

Hi. I'm Alex, live on the Sussex Coast, been building, modifying, riding for over 20 years.
    I'm currently running a 1978 GS1000 Cafe-Fighter. It's had all non-essentials stripped off, satin black paint with chequered stripe down the tank and tailpiece. Box section alloy swingarm, GSXR wheels and brakes. 4-1 exhaust with carbon fibre Micron can. Koso digital mini-speedo and fuel gauge. Black anodised renthall style bars with polished switchgear. Polished engine casings, rocker cover and carb tops.

I've only just finished it, off for MOT soon but need to sort a temperamental starter motor issue first!

I'll take some photos once it's out of my garage. Look forward to chatting soon!

Hi Alex and welcome from another UK member. looking forward to seeing some pics, the bike sounds great!
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Like the sounds of your mods, Alex.
      Welcome to the site.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Here's a little taster pic for now until I get some decent ones....

Comment

Welcome to the asylum Alex from a transplanted Brighton boy! Where exactly are you in Sussex?
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
            Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
            1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Thanks guys. @allojohn, I'm in Eastbourne

Comment

Welcome! That checkered flag on the tank reminds me of Speed Racer. Also, Take On Me by Aha.

Post more pics of your bike...especially with your historic country in the background.

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-29-2014, 10:11 AM.
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexGSRider View Post
                  Thanks guys. @allojohn, I'm in Eastbourne
                  Home of the Zimmer! LOL. Ah, remembering sunny summer rides through the Sussex countryside in a former life. Best part of England!
                  -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Welcome for a UK member, like the GS my type of bike

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm kind of partial to your model bike. Need more pics.
                      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay, have been away from my computer for a few days...

I promise I'll get some decent pics up soon... Having got it ready for MOT I discovered oil weeping from the rocker gasket onto the downpipes, so spent Saturday rectifying that rather than getting it MOTd!

Comment

OK guys, here's a quick one I snapped last night when I had to get it out the garage to get a mate's bike in...

Comment

^^WooHoo!

Nice ride!!!

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Very nice style.

Comment

Working...
                              X