Total nut & bolt rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total nut & bolt rebuild

Ok guys, so its NOT a GS, but I DO have a fully renovated GS1000G, this may be of some interest to others, after all, it IS Suzuki & 'modern' GSX1400 retro-muscle bike, circa 2003.
    I came across this complete pile of crud with 65k on the clock, & simply HAD to have it, back home it was stripped totally, ( see how similar it is to a GS )
    Every single thing, I shot-blasted, re-welded where necessary, resprayed in the garden with 2-pack acrylic (frame etc ) then clear over basecote for the colour.
    The only thing I DIDN'T do was to have the broken studs spark-eroded from the crankcase & electronic odometer reset to zero!!
    I starts & runs as if brand-new, & it now sits along side my other GSX1400 the GS thou.
    Hardest part was getting the motor back in, its a heavy mutha & i'm 68 years young now & I don't seem able to do what I used to.

If this link works, its a blow by blow account, but for some reason, they're out of sequence, work it out for yourselves!!
    Bracing myself for possible 'its not a GS' abuse
    First one didn't work, try this:
    This must have been a courier-bike judging from the condition & mileage, 65k miles!! Spent more doing it up than its worth, I don't care & its like new againn, runs like new as well!

3 of my other GS bikes are in the gallery, I posted them in 2003, still there!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2014, 12:39 PM. Reason: screwed up the link

Hi and welcome, firstly, the link dont work, it asks you to sign in to your account. so unless you give us your login details we cant see any pics!
    second, no worries about the GS thing. You own a GS so you are most welcome, plus the GSX is kind of a modern GS, as you say, many similarities.
    sort your link/pics out so we can all have a look and enjoy the site.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Link works for me.

Comment

The GSX1400 IS a GS. Only we never got it!

Comment

Yeh, I'm surprised the 1400 never made it to the US, I think you guys would have liked them, only 101bhp , but nearly 100ft/lbs of torque, 6 speed box, fuel-injected & only 4650rpm @ 100mph , & I can pootle along at 30 in 6th gear & simply open-up & she's off, no spluttering right up to over 140, no dramas & almost silent as well.

Comment

Working...
          X