Will this help with oil delivery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this help with oil delivery??

As some may have seen, the TX750 has done its famed spinning of the cam bearings due to poor oil delivery. I have been thinking on this all day. Since its a solid block cam bearing and the load is more to the bottom of the block, what I propose is to drill a small hole where i have the dot marked and on the inner surface make a small trench running the full width of the journal.

My idea being oil being thrown around will weep down the hole and spread across the full surface of the cam..and some will get in down the ends of the little trench as well.

Opinions..I am all ears on this one. everything ws oil coated when I took it apart but I think it needs some tweaking to get as much oil to the cam ends as possible.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

See my answer to your other thread - looking at more pics, I'm even more of the opinion I'd put in needle rollers....

Comment

Working...
    X