Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poland welcomes with GSX750

Hi GS-ers!

Two years ago I bought a beautiful GSX 750EX 1981. I'm completely satisfied with it, still a lot of power in this ol'paw. I Got into this forum searching for maintenance and repair info, there're still some things that need to be done - and I'd like to deal with them on my own.

Also there's not much about the EX version, which is quite rare from what I heard. Do you have any info about it? Vin (frame) number is GS75X527606. Kinly advise

Thanks!

Originally posted by makciook View Post
    Hi GS-ers!

Two years ago I bought a beautiful GSX 750EX 1981. I'm completely satisfied with it, still a lot of power in this ol'paw. I Got into this forum searching for maintenance and repair info, there're still some things that need to be done - and I'd like to deal with them on my own.

Also there's not much about the EX version, which is quite rare from what I heard. Do you have any info about it? Vin (frame) number is GS75X527606. Kinly advise

Thanks!
    I believe your 81 is actually and 82 model (unless the European version was a bit different). They changed the instrument cluster and headlite and forks in 82. Might have been built late 81 and as the new 82 model.
    Last edited by mrbill5491; 05-07-2014, 06:02 PM.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Hi makciook.

Welcome to the forum.
      Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
      1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

If anyone would know about your "E" it would be MrBill. I like the open portion on the front fender. That's a different looking engine guard too. And I already like the fact it's a 750.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. From what I've heard the points MrBill mentioned were mounted in EX version, then they've become E in some next release. Anyway - I was looking for a 750 and found a nice one

Comment

Nice bike! Looks like your missing a bolt on the front rotor? terrylee

Comment

Good eye, terrylee. What about that fork brace? Looks unique.
              Last edited by Rob S.; 05-08-2014, 08:03 PM.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
                Nice bike! Looks like your missing a bolt on the front rotor? terrylee
                Yes, you're right! Need to visit Suzuki for a replacement screw. There're some other minor bugs, will fix them before it gets hot here in PL Not sure about the fork brace - it's hard to dig up the history of such an old bike, even the guys from suzuki weren't able to give me much info.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2014, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Very nice bike, welcome to the forum! 750s rule!
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by makciook View Post
                    Thanks for letting me know. From what I've heard the points MrBill mentioned were mounted in EX version, then they've become E in some next release. Anyway - I was looking for a 750 and found a nice one
                    Yup you did find a nice one, You can get that bolt about anywhere. Its metric.
                    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      Good eye, terrylee. What about that fork brace? Looks unique.

Actually that is a fork cover, covers up the plumbing for the front brakes. A brace would mount where the fork dust boots are.
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Are the headlight tabs different as well? They sure don't look like mine.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                          Are the headlight tabs different as well? They sure don't look like mine.
                          Those are definitely aftermarket.

I like the looks of the '82 GS750E (GSX750E in Europe) a lot. Removing the square headlight bucket and replacing it with a traditional round headlight did wonders for the lines of the bike.

My (former) '81 when I brought it home (it was given to me in exchange for helping a friend install some hardwood flooring in his house):

And after I replaced the bodywork with parts from an '82:
                          sigpic

SUZUKI:
                          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Yer durned tootin' about that round bucket, I never did like the square ones. It even makes the clunky gauge nacelle look better. Sharp bike! The European bikes usually look nicer to my eye.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Thanks! That's true, behind the fork cover there is an ugly front brake's pump hidden. I was actually searching for a bike with round headlight, I find the square light bikes coarse.

Hm, also the back rigging is much different from what you posted here. It looks original, but no one was able to confirm it.

Comment

Working...
                              X