Newbie from across the pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from across the pond

Hi all another newbie from UK, I am living in Kent and have had my current GS1000G for 14 years.
    Just found this forum by accident and liked what I saw,plenty of information and useful tips.
    Hope to be active all the best Kevin
    1981 GS1000g

welcome Kevin, quite a number of Brits here now. Plenty of good info.
    Dennis.
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Hi Kevin

Nice to see another Brit arrive.

There's loads of knowledge here. Loads of opinions. Loads of characters. That's what makes us a family. Half the time we're arguing

Don't believe me? Drop into off-topic when you get the chance

jo

Comment

Welcome,

Joanne has it right...lots of character on here--especially in OT.

Anyway, I'm diggin' your bike. Enjoy your stay.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Welcome, see you down the Blue And White sometime.
          sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
            Help! Your Bike Won't Start
            DON'T DO THESE THINGS
            Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
            Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Welcome Kevin

Comment

Great to have another 1000G along.

Lots of experience here so enjoy
                Johno

current rides 1981 GS1000G and 2005 GSX1400
                1977 Kawasaki KZ400 D4

previous bikes 1978 GS1000HC
                1977 GS400
                1974 Montesa 250
                1960s Kawasaki 175

Comment

Hello from another UK member

Comment

Hi all thanks for the warm welcome have been looking through the tips available really helpful.
                    Nice to know that there are fellow Brits not a million miles away.
                    Kevin
                    1981 GS1000g

Comment

Hi from one more Brit lots of good stuff on here. Like me I've had my GS1000g for over 15 years and will never get rid of it

Comment

Hi Gooner.

Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of Limeys in here. The commonwealth is well represented.

Aussies, Canucks, Saffers.

And of course a few Yanks.
                        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Working...
                        X