New owner saying hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner saying hello.

Hey everyone, just picked up my third Suzuki. It's a 1986 gs750es. Needs work but it was very cheap, it's a Suzuki and I needed a project for the summer. Bike sat in the shed for 7 years, tank and oil were drained. But the po added stablizer to the fuel and didn't drain the carbs like he said. Been working on cleaning them up but the float needles are shot. I'm hoping all the 1983 parts are the same because no-one lists parts for the '86 and I have fork seals ordered with more parts needed. I know the US got a 700 that year. The od cable broke at 16500km, so I'm not sure the actual km's. Po figures around 30-40000km.

Got my first taste of Suzuki after years on Honda's with my '86 gsxr1100 and was blown away with everything about it. Then I moved onto my '97 bandit 1200 which is my main ride. Loaded with gsxr cams, holeshot stage 2, full yosh system and 07 gsxr 1000 shock. Pulls nice and hard. I'm a member on a few other zuk forums with the same handle. Been reading up here for a few days now and the wealth of info is awesome.

I will post some pics when I can get back to my computer and resize them.

Mike

Welcom aboard ; pics of all bike please

Comment

Ok, here are some pics.

On my way home.

Comment

Pic

Hmmm... I can only do one at a time. Here's the gixxer. It's waiting in a box on the other side of the country right now. I miss it. This machine took me on almost every paved road in B.C and almost as many dirt roads. Tore it down to fix some major oil leaks then had to put it into storage. But the cams live in the bandit and we will be reunited.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2014, 03:21 AM. Reason: Adding to it.

Comment

Pic

My first bike from 20 years ago. The cb750. This one was covered outside in Ontario while I spent 12 years in B.C. I had it running in my first day working on it because I drained the tank and carbs. That's Dickie the cat. R.I.P. She was around for 18 of those 20 years. Meanest cat I ever met.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
            Help! Your Bike Won't Start
            DON'T DO THESE THINGS
            Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
            Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Beautiful Slabbie.
              Cats are always camera hogs.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome aboard, fellow Canuck!

Comment

Pic

This is my daily ride. A 1997 Suzuki bandit 1200. Had to take a picture with the new (used) Yosh system and Holeshot stage 2 kit. This bike is a blast to ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X