Hi I new to this gs forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I new to this gs forum

I have a 1979 GS1000E i have owned it since i was sixteen here some mods i have done
    honda cbr 600 rims
    honda cbr 900 brakes
    yamaha r6 headlight
    pod filters w/dyno jet kit
    4-1 homemade exhaust
    zx14 chain
    180 rear tire
    120 front tire
    zx11 swing arm
    clip on bars
    dyna points eliminator kit

Welcome to GSR.

Pictures would be good.

Tell us about homemade 4-1 exhaust.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome here,
      Pics please!

Comment

4-1 exhaust was made of 3 inch collector original header with a tip that came off a truck and a baffle from a tractor

Comment

im uploading pictures right now

Comment

Ya, you can't describe a one owner bike like that and not post pictures Welcome to the site. It's always cool to hear and see about the one owner bikes. 16 years old and you bought a litre bike!!!!!! your parents must have been happy
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

my crazy grandpa sold my the bike for 300 dollars and week of free work

Comment

Comment

well its my bike and it puts a smile on my face i do have 8 years worth of trophy's
                  it not the bike its the rider

Comment

8 years of trophies? For what?
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

AHRMA roadracing

Comment

What class? The swingarm alone should DQ you.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

vintage superbike you can have some modern parts except motors and fuel injection things like that you can modify and alter you chassis for safety and stability no steering stabilizers unless there vintage reproduction which sucks

Comment

From the AHRMA rulebook, concerning Vintage Superbike:

"BRAKES: Front and rear may be upgraded to Sportsman 750 specifications in the
                            Heavyweight class only. Lightweight-class machines must use OEM brakes as fitted on
                            that make and model year."

"RIM SIZES: Replacement rims must be the same diameter and material as OEM. Maximum allowable rim widths are WM3 (2.15 inches) front and WM4 (2.5 inch- es) rear."

"SUSPENSION: Front end must be period OEM of the same dimensions as stock.
                            Springs may be replaced. Shocks must be straight body, no reservoirs, mounted in the
                            stock location(s)."

"Approved period aftermarket swingarms or accurate replicas are permitted."

"Specialty machines such as Rickman, Dunstall are not eligible."

"Headlight shell must be retained."

"Gas tank, seat and fenders must be OEM equipment or period replacements. NO modern
                            “GSXR style” bodywork will be allowed."

The list of reasons your bike is ineligible for AHRMA Vintage Superbike goes on, but these should suffice to make it clear, BS is BS. NOTHING as modern as your suspension, headlight, rims, chain, etc. is legal.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Heheh.....
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                              X